Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

Hello Warwick fans! I have been forced down the short-scale route thanks to a wrist injury and have been playing with a Gretch (fine but.. meh) and an Ibanez Mikro (fine noise but feels like a toy) so was looking at the Warwick Corvette short-scale. I can't seem to find any in UK to play with, so wondering whether to just punt and ship from overseas... and obviously wondered if anyone here has any experience with the short-scale model and any thoughts to pass on? Also wondering if massive jump between passive and active.

As always, any and all thoughts very welcomed!

Cheers

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bill' timestamp='1351638769' post='1853729']
a few clips of my lovely 1990 Streamer Stage I (modded with black hardware, Nordstand Big singles, and a Aguilar OBP3 pre-amp) :-)

Grooving with funk backing track: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEsOeyl9Tw[/media]
Melodic bass improvisation: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq4UlgwoA8Y[/media]

Will try and post some nice pic's of her soon!
[/quote]

What a stunning bit of funk playing - really inspirational :)

Here's my '89 Streamer Ltd Edition. Bought it brand new. Stock preamp & Bartolini pup replaced with a John East preamp & a basslines pup.

[attachment=125438:2012-12-18_17-51-55_232.jpg]

I also have an old warhorse '90 Thumb NT which is my 'go to' bass, the finish is lovingly kept in tip top condition with spilled Guiness and sweat :drinks:

and all being well on Sunday I should have another Warwick added to the collection :santa2:

That looks like one of my old basses... Birds Eye Maple matches with my old pic of it. ;)

[s]However, I'm 99% certain that the pup isn't original; both because I remember the guy bought it off me talked of changing the pup and/or pre as it seemed to be lacking something, added to which the basses when released in '89 had the sealed Bartolini pup sans exposed pole pieces. Not that it matters a jot as they are fabulous basses! [/s]

<edit>

Ooops edited as I'd misread what you said... you've clearly actually said that it has a replacement pup! :lol:

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='DrDrill' timestamp='1355858697' post='1903814']
Bought it in Sound Control in Glasgow. It was either this or a Spector that was for sale in The Guitar Store and the Warwick won on the day. The Bartolini was a bit too 'civilised' for my tastes :D
[/quote]

In fact the pic I was comparing with your bass was my 'first' one of these MM Ltd Ed 89 basses not the later one that I sold on BC. The bass that I had must have been consecutively numbered with yours as the markings of the birds eye maple look almost identical; on very close scrutiny they are different but not far off! :D

OOOOOH Mine is No 035. There was a guy on Talkbass from Finland (Mika) who had one as well.

I also noticed the Ltd Ed has appeared on the Warwick website, but, it says the fingerboard is wenge, my certificate says it's ebony so it looks like even Warwick can't remember what they've made.....too many mushrooms in the '80s methinks :D

Edited by DrDrill

[quote name='DrDrill' timestamp='1355859278' post='1903819']
OOOOOH Mine is No 035. There was a guy on Talkbass from Finland (Mika) who had one as well.

I also noticed the Ltd Ed has appeared on the Warwick website, but, it says the fingerboard is wenge, my certificate says it's ebony so it looks like even Warwick can't remember what they've made.....too many mushrooms in the '80s methinks :D
[/quote]

The fingerboards are ebony NOT wenge! ;)

Yes, Mika and I compared notes on our basses some years back and I don't think either of us had seen more than a couple of them over the many years we'd looked; in fact he'd been aware of my two 89 LE basses before I even registered on TB. :D

Some gorgeous Warwicks in this thread unfortunately ive never been able to afford a real one so was kinda hoping you`d allow me to put my `05 Rockbass Streamer on here as its got Warwick written on it so it sort of qualifies :)

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80316_zpse393f184.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1355861641' post='1903849']
DrDrill - Your '89 Streamer LTD is absolutely incredible! What an amazing combo of wood and pickup...very nice! Thanks for sharing!! Whats on the horizon??
[/quote]

Shhhh, be vewy vewy quiet! She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't know yet..... :ph34r:

[quote name='DrDrill' timestamp='1355855144' post='1903757']
Here's my '89 Streamer Ltd Edition. Bought it brand new. Stock preamp & Bartolini pup replaced with a John East preamp & a basslines pup.

[attachment=125438:2012-12-18_17-51-55_232.jpg]

I also have an old warhorse '90 Thumb NT which is my 'go to' bass, the finish is lovingly kept in tip top condition with spilled Guiness and sweat :drinks:

and all being well on Sunday I should have another Warwick added to the collection :santa2:
[/quote]

Beautiful, just beautiful.

May as well join in the fun....

1993 Natural oil...(note the distinct lack of wenge stringers, Warwick built a limited run of these for some reason).

1991 Metallic purple - ex hire bass, that's why it has the Warwick logo strewn across the back!

[attachment=125525:20121220_125433.jpg][attachment=125527:20121220_125607.jpg][attachment=125528:20121220_131357.jpg]

[attachment=125529:warwick bass 017.jpg][attachment=125530:warwick bass 018.jpg][attachment=125531:warwick bass 010.jpg]

[url="https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283833_10150248388224985_2027950_n.jpg"]https://fbcdn-sphoto...5_2027950_n.jpg[/url]

Here's my two lovelies in blue, had the Fortress on the right from new in 93 and the streamer bolt on (old name for the LX) since about 2001, its a 95 model. Gigged them both loads and the streamer is showing it now so my main bass is the one in the middle :-)

Edited by sambucadan