Why become a member? ×

Warwick profet?

ZPQ

Hi,
As I consider various options for a new head, I've some the Warwick range going for what seem to be good prices for the spec.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from anyone using one?

I guess the 3.2 isn't loud enough for bigger gigs and the 5.1 would be more useful?

Thanks
John

Edited by ZPQ

[quote name='ZPQ' post='54340' date='Sep 2 2007, 07:14 PM']Thanks for the reply,

I've seem the 5.1 going for £250 which would seem to be a bit of a bargain for a 500W head if the specs are realistic and the tone and reliability are good.
Cheers
John[/quote]
£250's a good price. I paid £300 for my 5.1. I've been pleased with mine but I wouldn't say it feels like 500w - even with a 4-ohm cab. That said, it sounds really good and does my range of gigs happily. Nice bright modern tone, the compressor is ok and the things like the mute button very useful. I tend to leave mine flat and EQ via the bass and always pretty happy with the sound. Feels chunky and well made, especially when you're lifting it to the car (it's not light).

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='54777' date='Sep 3 2007, 03:27 PM']...but I wouldn't say it feels like 500w - even with a 4-ohm cab...[/quote]

You see, these are the kind of things I like to see written/hear said when I'm looking for info on something.

The 3.2 had been on my radar for a while (but not since I decided I want a 2x10 combo), possibly to be paired with a 4 ohm 4x10 or 2x1 (if one could be found), but if the 5.2 doesn't feel like 500w, it's possible that the 3.2 doesn't feel like 300w?

Thanks Stingrayfan!

Mark

I'm using a Profet 3.2 with 2 8ohm hartke cabs (see sig). At rehearsals the output vol is at around 11 or 12 o'clock, which is easily loud enough to compete with a full unmiked kit, two noisy guitarists and a deaf vocalist with a twitchy PA master volume finger.

It sounds fantastic as well, very clear, with a simple set of controls. I'd happily recommend it.

i would have to disagree, the 3.2 run through the 410pro 4ohm cab simply wasnt loud enough. tone was fine for the price your paying, But this thing Ab'd with an ashdown mag electric blue 180 was of very similar volume, if not more in favour of the ashdown (its a shame im not for the ashdown tone!)