Why become a member? ×

EBMM Bongo 4HH

dub_junkie

That bongo is lovely, wish id have swapped my 5HS one for a 4H instead of just selling it. Bongos are lovely.

Quite supprised your didnt go for a 5HH Bongo and a 4H 'ray though, if the Ernie ball forum is anything to go by.

BTW, that 'Ray.. Im right in saying that colour is as rair as rocking horse sh*t right? ive only ever seen 1 other and that was a 4string.

Edit: just re-reading this thread 20 secs later, ive got massive gas for a 4H Bongo now. THANKS!

Edited by Jobiebass

at the time I thought that medallion gold 5 you had was amzing and you were nuts for selling it but I was a right silly sausage myself and traded away a rare white Bongo 4HS and then pulled out a deal on a sweet carbon blue pearl 5HS so who am I to talk?

Bongo 5 would be great and maybe next on my wishlist though G&Ls always seem to interfere with my musicman plans.....still looks like I've an Sr4 incoming :)

the stingray 5 is in a rare factory colour cos no one liked it and bought them.Me I love it,just need to change the pg out for a vintage creamy pearloid and chrome knobs too and it will be done

get yourself an H!....but where to find one?

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='515665' date='Jun 16 2009, 08:06 PM']at the time I thought that medallion gold 5 you had was amzing and you were nuts for selling it

get yourself an H!....but where to find one?[/quote]

Good Memory!
Was a lovely bass, even my parents were guttered I got rid of it. Just cant get on with 5ers. Had 2 now. got rid of them both. never really used the B so..
Id love a 4H though. or even a HH altho with the Bongo they put the neck pickup really close to the neck so it makes it harder to slap (for me at least)
Wouldnt have a clue where to find one, I wouldnt buy one new so maybe months and months of ebay watching? then months longer to find a colour id like. That gold didnt really suit me. Maybe a stelth or blue/red? Wish they made Bongos with Maple necks though :) how do you get on with the painted neck? do you use anything on it? I found it quite sticky sometimes.

Id be stoked to have your Bongo.
...And your SR5 (even tho the B would be a thumb rest)

just wait for the pound to go back up against the dollar and then get your H used off the EBMM boards. thats how I got my white one. i dont think the finish is too sticky. not as nice feeling as say a sterling or stingray wax/oil finish but they're buggers to maintain by comparison.
and yes I do remember your 5 because I unsuccessfully tried to get it from you with a rather (at the time)pointless offer of another 5 string in exchange :)

Aahhh OK, no I didn't actually, he was worse than me for trading stuff in and out so I never got a go on it. We must have swapped at least half a dozen basses between us over a few months. I was very tempted when he put it up for sale, but as usual I was skint.

Edited by Rayman

Si,thats very kind of you and the offer of the PG would be most welcome,the moonstone guards on both my ebmms at the moment could really do with being something else. You had this bass too? I remember seeing pictures of a Bongo you were selling a while back. From memory wasn't it a plain black one. I remember it because a) it looked great and b)most of the bongos are either sapphire black,grey or right lary colours.

on a side note,payment was sent earlier for the G&L. I'm looking forward to fiddling around with that p/up and preamp arrangement again. Especially when its in a bass that looks as great.

Musicman + G&L = happiness imo

Yeah you should give it a bash, the neck is a bit daunting to get over at first (really nice jazz width but fat profile, i find it quite comfy), it is pretty versatile, and huge sounding! I do like the black, wouldn't mind one in blue either.... hmmmm
But yeah give one a bash, i reckon you'd like it :) It is a very different beast to anything EBMM, but you can hear the similarities

Edited by budget bassist

I didn't like the looks of the Bongo's at first but when I heard them I changed my mind.
I was able to buy a red HH Bongo 4 for 1000 euros on Ebay and I just got it today.
I haven't been able to check it out yet but it looks great. There's a character in it which is just a little bit different from other MusicMans and I love that sound.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='516437' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:34 PM']I didn't like the looks of the Bongo's at first but when I heard them I changed my mind.
I was able to buy a red HH Bongo 4 for 1000 euros on Ebay and I just got it today.
I haven't been able to check it out yet but it looks great. There's a character in it which is just a little bit different from other MusicMans and I love that sound.[/quote]
Aye lots of people don't like the looks, but once you play one, you tend to get over it! huge sound and the necks feel gorgeous i think :) get some pics up!

MusicMan needed a new Design for bass, after all this years..surely it diferent !!guess some people need some time to like Bongo look , or maybe never will like it !! ohh well

guess this days its about the Look+Sound

[url="http://www.MakeMusicNews.com"]Some News for Musicians , here .[/url]

m