Why become a member? ×

Warmoth SG with dual Dark Star pickups and Audere preamp

dannybuoy

[quote name='Beedster' post='533262' date='Jul 5 2009, 08:01 PM']Jeez, what's wrong with people these days, all sort of crap getting sold and this beaut still sitting here? I'm not sure I need another fretted bass and no doubt you don't need a fretless Precision, but I tempted to offer a trade just to get two awesome basses off this page :)[/quote]

100% agreed!

This is one of the sweetest and most original looking basses i've come across.

Don't suppose you fancy a trade for my Warmoth Jazz? (Walnut & Pau Ferro, Lined fretless, Duncans, Schaller, Gotoh etc.)

[quote name='kevbass' post='533326' date='Jul 5 2009, 09:15 PM']I bet if you put it on ebay with worldwide shipping you'd get a lot of interest from across the pond[/quote]

Instead of paying the hefty eBay fees, I'd rather pay for a supporting membership so I can post it over at the Talkbass classifieds. Should be able to shift my Bassweet on there too!

[quote name='kevbass' post='514779' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:30 PM']Now if a leather strap doesnt sell it I dont know what will! Stunning bass you have there mate thats a really nice one, sure you want to get rid? I cant see a looker like this hanging around for long, especially when fitted with darkstars![/quote]

+1 beautiful looking bass.

how is this not gone yet? Dan you can have my car for it (ok, ok honestly my car is worth about half the price of the bass, and its decreasing rapidly).

I know you've got loadsa pedals, but if you want more im willing to set you a significant amount of pedals in exchange for the bass. Obviously you're probably looking for cash, not pedals (as you're selling a a few at the moment, a few of which i bought)

I dont know what you have or dont have, but i'd offer:

Barber Linden EQ
Crowther Hotcake
Micropog
DOD fx25b envelope filter
MXR Blowtorch
(possibly) Devi Ever Dark Boost
(possibly) Boss OC2
(possibly) XO bass micro synth

wouldnt be all of these, but you could pick, and i could front some cash (although i dont get paid till the end of the month)

obviously im just clutching at straws now...but if anything takes your eye, let me know :)

[quote name='The Funk' post='539802' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:18 PM']Which bit? Grew up on Leigham Court Road![/quote]

I'm near Streatham Common station!

Theo, I could be interested in the MicroPOG, but as I want it to try and recreate organ sounds (to use with my leslie simulator), I'm not sure if I would be better off with the full sized POG with it's detune feature... Need to try em side by side I suppose! I'd give you £90 for it if you want to trade it in, PM me if you want to come down try it out sometime.

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='539882' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:21 PM']I'm near Streatham Common station!

Theo, I could be interested in the MicroPOG, but as I want it to try and recreate organ sounds (to use with my leslie simulator), I'm not sure if I would be better off with the full sized POG with it's detune feature... Need to try em side by side I suppose! I'd give you £90 for it if you want to trade it in, PM me if you want to come down try it out sometime.[/quote]

cool thanks for the offer, I guess if you want the whole organ sound thing, then get the POGII, its pretty fantastic. The Detune [i]makes[/i] the organ sound. TBH i was just throwing it out there, if you wanted other stuff then we could try and work some part-x out but i could probably stretch to £200-250 cash plus pedals, but i've really gotta pay off some debts and get a new car.

thanks for getting back to me though.

Free Bump

if theres any unlikely interest in a trade for a 09 white macbook, let me know!!! :) Or of course find me a buyer, and il have the readies to buy :rolleyes:

still lovin' this bass, bet it sounds superb.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='513488' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:44 PM']Not 100% sure I want to get rid of this... It sounds great and plays brilliantly but after trying and buying various basses over the years, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a passive Fender P-Bass guy![/quote]

Not being silly but, have you thought about rewiring this with just a vol and tone per pickup? I bet even wired passive, this thing would sound lovely.

It did cross my mind, but decided against because the Audere pre is meant to be one of the most natural 'passive' sounding preamps out there, so it probably wouldn't change the actual sound too much, just lose a lot of versatility. Also, the active blend on this is brilliant, with a smooth graduation and even volume, unlike passive blending where you try to back off one of the pickup volumes a tad and it sounds like one the pickup was just turned off. You'd also be left with a couple of switches and an LED, plus I'd probably make a pig's ear of it anyway! I'm just digging the classic Fender P sound too much, so this poor baby is being neglected!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='545811' date='Jul 20 2009, 10:29 PM']I've recorded some clips as a couple of people have asked for them. Links are back in the first post![/quote]
Sounds lush...

Wanna trade a Black MM Stingray 3eq?? :)

hmmm, pretty cool, really like the bass + specs. I need to think about it since I was actually looking at buying a Rickenbacker. This looks great however and is quite extraordinairy as far as looks go which I like.

On the other hand it will be hard to resell if I don't like it because it's a warmoth (no offence meant, people just buy anything that says Fender or Gibson on the headstock it's just the way it is). I am located in The Netherlands BTW so if you're not comfortable shipping international it's a no brainer.

I have some good references as a buyer here though since I bought an EBS Fafner and Mesa BB 750 head from boardmembers.