Why become a member? ×

Ashbory on gumtree

Oxblood

Thanks for the tip, I haven't looked at gumtree for a while. Shame its not the red one, I've emailed the seller and all things going well, I'll be paying him a visit tomorrow to take a look...

The missus says I have to sell my double bass if I do buy it though :) How hard can it be to hide a one and a half foot long piece of wood?

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='54459' date='Sep 2 2007, 10:22 PM']Thanks for the tip, I haven't looked at gumtree for a while. Shame its not the red one, I've emailed the seller and all things going well, I'll be paying him a visit tomorrow to take a look...

The missus says I have to sell my double bass if I do buy it though :) How hard can it be to hide a one and a half foot long piece of wood?[/quote]

OK It's only fair to admit that I have emailed the guy for that Ashbory this morning. However I will not enter into a price war. You have 'first dibs'.

Chris

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='54459' date='Sep 2 2007, 10:22 PM']Thanks for the tip, I haven't looked at gumtree for a while. Shame its not the red one, I've emailed the seller and all things going well, I'll be paying him a visit tomorrow to take a look...

The missus says I have to sell my double bass if I do buy it though :) How hard can it be to hide a one and a half foot long piece of wood?[/quote]

Sold to you! Sorry Chris. Now to get myself a nice entry level bass...Thanks again to Oxblood for the post and introducing me to the forum.

Edited by Malcos

Welcome to the forum Malcos. It was good to meet you today and thanks for selling me the Ashbory - it's great fun to play. I didn't really hear the full depth of the sound at your place but I plugged into my amp at home & I've never heard anything quite so deep and rubbery. I can't wait to whip it out at the next rehearsal.

Good luck with the search for a nice fretted bass. I'm sure you'll get something great on you budget - If you have any questions you've found the best forum to ask them.