Why become a member? ×

Exam is over!

Faithless

So, as above, I've got my bass exam in about two weeks - I'm going for a place in local College of Conteporary Music..

I'll be playing Jaco's (Weather Report) Teen Town there, and I had to do it with help of my friends - drummer and keyboardist, but, they've just told, they aren't sure, if they could attend the event that day..

So, just to make it sure, I have to get '[i]minus[/i]' version of Teen Town ([i]bass'eless[/i] version of it..), and I just don't know, where to look it for.. :)

So, can anyone of you, folks, help me there?
I'd be soooo thankful..

P.S. There's other variant - I know there's something to do with frequencies (cutting the bass off the recording..), but, as I'm not keen on it, I'd ask someone to do this for me - I'll send you a file, you do the trick, and send it back, right?

All the best,
Faith..

Edited by Faithless

[url="http://www.vanbasco.com/search.html.en?q=TeenTown&resultsperpage=10"]http://www.vanbasco.com/search.html.en?q=T...sultsperpage=10[/url]

Van Basco is the best search engine for Midi Files. Above is the search result for TeenTown. There are quite a few but most are likely to be the same.
If you pick the one you want and send it to me and i'll strip the Bass out for you and send it back as an MP3.

• 3 weeks later...

Could anyone cut the bass out for me (it still can be heard, but, not in [i]the first [/i]place, if you know, what I mean..) in the recording?
I don't like the MIDI stuff anyway..

I could send you the record, if you don't have it :)

Would like to get it in an hour or two, or so, if possible..

Cheers,
Faith.

Edited by Faithless

Yaaaay, my exam is over - one of the tutors (that belonged to examinators) just told me, that I've made all parts, so I'm just waiting for exact results, just to make sure, I get a unpaid place in college..

To remind you, I've played whole Jaco's Teen Town (with a few solo pieces in the second part..) and Jaco's Amerika - latter one went damn well, Teen was a bit weaker in few places, but, at least, committee didn't ask me to skip songs (as they have done so with a [i]lotta [/i]candidates..)

Then I've played a couple of scales, played one jazzy-blues bar from sheet, and that's it :)

I think, they were quite pleased with my (poor? ok ok..) bass-knowledge :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share it,
I'll tell you, how it goes :lol:
Faith.

ive heard of this teen town so many times, and yet ive never heard the song. i'll give it a listen tommorow morning, then i'll do my best to learn it, and probably give up after several hours trying :)

it sounds like you did great in your exam faithless, hope you get the results you need.

So, I've just got to know my exam results..

I've got 55% at all.. Can't say I'm very happy, as I won't get a lot bonus from other subjects, but, on the other hand, I don't know, how other chaps done with it..

But I'm a bit pissed now. I thought, I've done a bit better..

Faith.