Why become a member? ×

Trade: My Wal Custom ~~~NOW SORTED~~~

Mokl

I thought I'd put some feelers out there to see if anybody is interested. I find myself in need of a five string, although I've never quite gotten on with them before. Previous experience has allowed me to zone in on what I want, and what I don't want, however!

Up for trade is my 1986 Wal Mach I (Geddy Lee). Absolutely fabulous bass in superb condition for it's age. Here's a quick snap of the body...

So, I'm after a swap with a high end 5 string - possibly with some cash to change hands, depending on what you got! I can tell you what I don't want... Bartolinis (can't dig the tone), 35" scale length (too comfortable with 34"). Not too concerned about string spacing provided it isn't too narrow.... Would love something like a Sadowsky (pref USA) or even a five string Wal.... but am open to any offers.

You don't see many [i]completely[/i] black Wals like this, and it's in cracking condition too. I don't want to part with it at all, but I reckon a swap would be easier than a sale - at least I'll have something new to play with to ease my sorrow ;-)

Any Q's then please fire away, I'll do my best to answer asap.

Thanks for reading!

Matt

p.s. I'm in Gloucester, for those that might be interested in a potential viewing.

Edited by Mokl

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='53571' date='Aug 31 2007, 08:02 PM']Shes beautiful

Just a taster but would a Gibson Thunderbird tickle your fancy???

Cheers

Col[/quote]

Not quite up my street, matey, thanks for the offer though. Gad you like the bass - it's a special instrument. When you play and hear this you can understand why Wals are so in demand.

[quote name='Mokl' post='53575' date='Aug 31 2007, 08:08 PM']Not quite up my street, matey, thanks for the offer though. Gad you like the bass - it's a special instrument. When you play and hear this you can understand why Wals are so in demand.[/quote]

I had to ask, Cheers for the reply.

If I sell the Gibson I may very well come knockin with some dosh. Ive had similar experiences with 5 strings and find a D tuner the best option for a middle ground. Have you tried one?

good luck

C

[quote name='Mokl' post='53557' date='Aug 31 2007, 07:39 PM']I thought I'd put some feelers out there to see if anybody is interested. I find myself in need of a five string, although I've never quite gotten on with them before. Previous experience has allowed me to zone in on what I want, and what I don't want, however!

Up for trade is my 1986 Wal Mach I (Geddy Lee). Absolutely fabulous bass in superb condition for it's age. Here's a quick snap of the body...

So, I'm after a swap with a high end 5 string - possibly with some cash to change hands, depending on what you got! I can tell you what I don't want... Bartolinis (can't dig the tone), 35" scale length (too comfortable with 34"). Not too concerned about string spacing provided it isn't too narrow.... Would love something like a Sadowsky (pref USA) or even a five string Wal.... but am open to any offers.

You don't see many [i]completely[/i] black Wals like this, and it's in cracking condition too. I don't want to part with it at all, but I reckon a swap would be easier than a sale - at least I'll have something new to play with to ease my sorrow ;-)

Any Q's then please fire away, I'll do my best to answer asap.

Thanks for reading!

Matt

p.s. I'm in Gloucester, for those that might be interested in a potential viewing.[/quote]

Holy sh*t.
That is beautiful.
By '[i]completely[/i] black' - do you mean it has a black finished headstock as well...?
:)
I've already got a MkI custom Wal - but you're giving me some serious GAS.
What's your cash price?

[quote name='chris_b' post='53624' date='Aug 31 2007, 10:26 PM']Hi, I have a MM Stingray 5 for sale, if you are interested.[/quote]

Would prefer something with 2 pups preferably, but I do love Rays.

[quote name='gareth' post='53689' date='Sep 1 2007, 02:28 AM']How about a black Status/Trace Elliot T Bass 5 String plus some cash?[/quote]

Unsure about this, what's the neck like?

[quote name='fabbabass' post='53795' date='Sep 1 2007, 01:08 PM']I have an immaculate through neck, Thumb V with MEC electrics I may consider parting with.... (?)[/quote]

I had a thumb and loved it, but I would prefer a 34" scale length.

Thanks again for all your interest guys!

I'm in the process of answering all your pm's, please bear with me. Matt :-)

[quote name='Mokl' post='53984' date='Sep 1 2007, 08:00 PM']I had a thumb and loved it, but I would prefer a 34" scale length.[/quote]

Damnit, I've got one too...

That really is a lovely looking bass, what about trading for a right arm...?

Sorry for not posting sooner. Owen, I definitely don't want a 36" scale, although that Overwater is a bit of a beast! Surprised you would be willing to part with that one! I was really hoping someone would come forth with a Wal 5'er or a Sadowsky, although I've been offered some really cool basses. Anybody else interested?

[quote name='Mokl' post='56612' date='Sep 6 2007, 05:26 PM']I definitely don't want a 36" scale, although that Overwater is a bit of a beast! Surprised you would be willing to part with that one![/quote]

Thanks for the reply. The Overwater is a wonderful instrument and it would only be in exchange for a Wal or similar that I'd let it go.