Why become a member? ×

What goes with a Jeff Berlin Combo?

Dropzone

[quote name='Dropzone' post='503591' date='Jun 2 2009, 10:41 AM']Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if a Mark Bass 2 x 10 traveller will stack nicely with a Jeff Berlin combo. I assume the combo would have to go on its side?

Also should I go for a 4 ohm or 8 ohm?

Thanks in advance

Mike[/quote]
Not sure about 2x10 but the old shape Traveler 115P (1x15) stacks exactly, I think one of the guys on this site has this rig (Shaggy IIRC) and Monz used to (he just sold his rig). Would have to be 8ohm I think

Edited by Clarky

No, it won't, and it's one of Markbass's more irritating features. As Clarky pointed out, the old style traveller 1x15s stack with the Jeff Berlin (there's one on ebay at the moment and there was a guy on here - Monz I think - selling one a while back), but the new Traveller 1x15s, which DO stack with the 1x12 and the 2x10, don't stack with the Jeff Berlin. I imagine MB will redesign the Jeff Berlin soon like they did with the 1x15 cab.

I use the Jeff Berlin with the Traveller 2x10. As Beedster says, they don't stack exactly - the Combo is quite a bit deeper, and the 2x10 is wider.

But I use the combo stacked on top of the 2x10, and it seems perfectly solid - it just overlaps and doesn't look right! I've been gigging it like that for a year or so with no mishaps!

They sound great together, by the way.