Why become a member? ×

SOLD : Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Jayfaedoom

I have up for sale my Warwick Streamer Stage 1 bass guitar.

It is in a used condition, it has been gigged extensively but still sounds amazing.

It may need a wee bit of an overhaul due to a bit of earthing buzz going on, I have not opened it up and had a look yet. I am sure it is a very small minor job.

The finish is not the best. The bottom part of the body has some of the finish removed and there is cracks on the finish. This does not effect the performance of the bass just does not look too great. I have covered this area with duct tape to try and prevent it from worsening and to add extra padding to it when being transported in its gig bag.

Looking for around £450 but due to the cosmetic damage I am open to offers.

I would also consider part exchange for guitar cab(s) or a decent guitar.

p.s. the pics look different as some are from when I had it listed on ebay and changed my mind and the other (darker) ones where taken just yesterday.

Edited by Jayfaedoom

What happened to the finish - did it just start flaking off?

Also what are the modifications to the electronics - what pickups are those, and why three knobs + a switch?

Edit: Actually is that a switch or just blanking the hole left by the fourth knob?

Last question: What year is it?

Ta.

Edited by thisnameistaken

My streamer lx did the exact same thing, and it was exactly the same colour as this one, pieces of laquer just start to flake off, most strange, either way, this would be good to completely strip down and refin, would come up looking as good as new!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='503831' date='Jun 2 2009, 02:33 PM']What happened to the finish - did it just start flaking off?

Also what are the modifications to the electronics - what pickups are those, and why three knobs + a switch?

Edit: Actually is that a switch or just blanking the hole left by the fourth knob?

Last question: What year is it?

Ta.[/quote]

The pickups are BassLines thats all I know about them unfortunatly. I bought it 2nd hand about 2 1/2 years ago. It was upgraded to these pickups by the seller and he removed a tone knob, I do not know why.

I am unsure to what year it is as well.

Sorry I can not be of more help.

[quote name='thedonutman' post='504005' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:14 PM']Would you happen to be interested in a Laney 4x12 or an Ibanez RG570EX(Japanese made, with the original Edge trem)?[/quote]

Hi,

Sorry I would not be interested in the Ibanez guitar. I have no need for a Floyd Rose.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='504632' date='Jun 3 2009, 01:08 PM']If you look on the end of the headstock the serial number should be stamped there. The separate 2-digit number is the year it was manufactured.[/quote]

The basses with painted finishes tend to have the number filled in by paint and/or lacquer but looking at the the lack of dot inlays, skinny wenge neck stringers, I'd say you're more likely to find the serial number between the tuners on the back of the headstock... the truss rod cover and plastic nut certainly date the bass later than I'd have thought, possibly to the late 90's. Does the bass have a volute at the top of the neck?

Just trying to help you date it. :)