Why become a member? ×

4 Daft Geordies and a whole bunch of gear

warwickhunt

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='56950' date='Sep 7 2007, 01:18 PM']Hi chaps,
I could be interested in joining you for a gear sesh!

Gear I could bring:
MB SA450
TE MkV AH250
C-Audio 1250 watt power amp
ADA (remember them?) 1x15 + 2x10
My wee JBL Eon15 monitor
PJB Briefcase[/quote]

Excellent.. pile in!

BTW, I used Mr. Warwickhunt's Tech Black Cat at a gig last night. It sounded rather cool.

Anyone at a loose end on Saturday (8th) in or around the Newcastle area I'll be running through the Tech Blackcat and the Thunderfunk into the 6x10 at the Wooden Doll in North Shields. Be sure to step up and declare yourself just so that I know who to ask opinions of at the end of the night! Actually if you stick around until the end of the night you can have a share of my pizza... I kid you not this venue take your pizza order at the beginning of the the evening and have it hot and ready (and free) at the end of the night. Unfortunately I'm on strict orders that no pizza is to return to Chez Hunt.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='56164' date='Sep 5 2007, 06:52 PM']I would also consider making a digital recording of a bassline and then playing that sample through the rigs as well as playing an actual bass. This will remove playing inconsistencies from the test.

Alex[/quote]
Rather than make a dedicated Bass recording, which would limit its use to others, why not use publically available recordings of basses, so that others can reproduce the test on their gear.

Examples:
Ed friedland's Walking Basslines CD
Samples from Cakewalk's Broomstick bass - used to be on the web, but could'nt find them today..
Any others basschatters can come up with

Of the interested 'Daft Geordies' is the morning (not TOOO early) of Sunday the 23 Sept any good?

I have no objections to my living room being turned over to a bass-fest (we are detached on that side) but it might make more sense if we hired a rehearsal room for a couple of hours (open to suggestions otherwise), I have a mate who could probably see is right with mates rates!

Either way I'll be doing some form of comparison/review (inc crossing preamps) of the gear that I have then posting it for consumption/dissection.