Why become a member? ×

Behringer Gear

lee4

There's this thread, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1037&hl=behringer"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=behringer[/url]
my only Behringer gear is/was a chorus pedal which is stuck on chorus, so i wont be be buyng Behringer again, bit harsh i know but there's plenty of other makes out there.

[quote name='rsh_bassist' post='52644' date='Aug 30 2007, 09:55 AM']ive used a behringer 3000T head for 2 1/2 years. been nothing but reliable. anyone that says otherwise is simply a gear snob! (ive now had a little bit of an upgarde to an ampeg :))[/quote]
I agree, when my GK MB150 went to Beyer for repair I bought a 3000t and an Ashdown mag 210 cab and had no problems
at all with it. I sold it to a pal's son and he is over the moon with it.

Edited by johnm

I bought one of the 300W heads as a back up and was pretty happy with it. Can't say I'm mad about the tone - it's a little bright for my tastes, but it seems solidly made and hasn't broken down yet, which is more than I can say for my Hartke...

If it's all you can afford & you haven't got a fixed idea about 'your' sound then go for it - it'll do what you need. The only downside is the resale value, no bugger will want to buy it off you if you decide to upgrade at a later date!

Fine for bedroom use... If you want to gig them though, suggest going the 2nd hand route for Hartke, Warwick, Peavey etc. All can be had cheaply here or on Ebay. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

Behringer mixers are good though - esp 1204FX. Been using one of those for 3 years now for gigs and it's great.

i used their ep2500 as a power amp with my ampeg pre-amp for a couple of years and had no complaints, the only reason why i stopped using it was the weight (but that's not a behringer specific problem).

i've used their bass heads in practice rooms before and was impressed with the sound....to my ears better than the ashdowns i've tried.

(you can all shout 'heretic' together if you like !!)

Edited by ahpook

I bought a head an two 2x10 a few years back after deciding I wanted a change from my trusty Trace combo. Big mistake !!! they lasted about 3 months before I sold the lot, they may be a bargin but I think you get what you pay for I'm afraid.

The Behringer 'Ultrabass BX3000T' and 'BA410' cab were reviewed in the April '05 edition of Bass Player. The head seemed to garner a lot of praise from them.

They do have a massive range of bass gear [url="http://www.behringer.com/02_products/musicalinstrument_index.cfm?lang=ENG#BASS%20AMPLIFICATION"]Behringer bass[/url], including a 2500W stereo bass amp for £430 (RRP)!!.

I suspect there is a lot of gear snobbery involved when it comes to Behringer stuff, but at least its ubiquity should mean it's easy for you to locate some and give it a try. If you like the sound and think the construction is alright, you could get some real power for not much cash.