Why become a member? ×

Re-pimped Encore Coaster

Ou7shined

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cheers man.
That's a heck of a compliment coming from a guy with a fantastic collection such as yours.

Great to meet you again. It was so funny when you were playing the intro to The Chain on NGH's rig. Turned out to be the only bit of F1 action I got on the last race day of the season. :)

When I was over at Mark's (7string) yesterday he told me about seeing your bass at the bash and how great it looked. I just had to look at this thread for myself and see what a fantastic job you have done. Congratulations on a very fine looking bass.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='644061' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:49 AM']Cheers man.
That's a heck of a compliment coming from a guy with a fantastic collection such as yours.

Great to meet you again. It was so funny when you were playing the intro to The Chain on NGH's rig. Turned out to be the only bit of F1 action I got on the last race day of the season. :)[/quote]

I think I mentioned that I had the Fender 50's Reissue, stuck a SD pickup in it and it was one of the best basses that I've ever owned! I think it's because I have zero woodworking skills that makes your bass all the more startling. Mind you, I did use a Dremel for the first time last week, so maybe there's hope.

The Chain is one of those simple iconic basslines. Add to the fact that there were some monster players there and I didn't want to embarrass myself (especially with such a great sound from NGH's rig!).

This has just reminded me to keep an eye out for the "Tone Hammer".

• 1 year later...

I just stumbled across this thread, it's answered the question I was going to ask, ie, has anybody converted a later P body to a 50's style by filling in the routing and re-routing?

I've got a Hohner P from the early 90's thats in bits and I fancy an off white brother or sister for my 70's USA P.

This has inspired me to have a go!

• 1 month later...
Guest BassKS

This job is awesome.

I want to paint a Jazz alder Warmoth in Fiesta red... Any tips? at all? should i bother with the gloss on top to make it vintage-ier?

Thanks

Fatos

[quote name='BassKS' post='1219692' date='May 4 2011, 11:52 AM']This job is awesome.

I want to paint a Jazz alder Warmoth in Fiesta red... Any tips? at all? should i bother with the gloss on top to make it vintage-ier?

Thanks

Fatos[/quote]
Cheers.

I would. It adds depth to your finish and it also allows you to cut it back to a flatter overall finish.

I keep meaning to post this pic, so here it is almost 2 years late. :)