Why become a member? ×

Most accurate tuner?

Gone to get his big fat over inflated Ego re-pumped, after it got a huge puncture on here. Oh yeah, he's probaly gone to turn some water into wine as well.

Edited by fleabag

my 2 cents worth:

I use a TU2 which I'm kind of happy with, to my ear I still don't always 'feel' in tune.

Sunday night at a gig my pedal board power supply didn't work, and there's no battery in the TU2. So I got an A from the keyboard player, and tuned up to the A using 5th and 7th fret harmonics.

I felt REALLY uncomfortable all night, although when ever I asked my wife in the audience, she said she couldn't hear anything out of tune, and I trust her judgement.

It was interesting to read much earlier in this thread why that's a no-no way to tune - and hopefully I'll never have to do it again.

I don't have perfect pitch, but I do have very good relative pitch, and I'm always nagging the guitarists to check their tuning, even when they've just done it - I think it's more an intonation problem on their instruments.

I'm definitely going to try out a strobo-stomp. I suspect as many have said, the audience won't notice any difference. But I'm sure I will, both mentally (I know it's right) and aurally.

[quote name='fleabag' post='497998' date='May 26 2009, 02:12 PM']Gone to get his big fat over inflated Ego re-pumped, after it got a huge puncture on here. Oh yeah, he's probably gone to turn some water into wine as well.[/quote]

Dear Clever Dick.

I assume you might be relating to me.

If you read the post after yours, you might find that the information I have provided has been of help.

I have reported you and a list your cronies to the mods - I sincerely hope you all get banned for puerile personal attacks for cheap laughs that have nothing to do with the topic in hand.

I assure you, I have not had my ego punctured - it would take a lot more than comments like yours, or the other half baked imbeciles in here that seem hell bent on doing nothing else but trolling and baiting, to make any difference to me.

But I still read your posts because they give me an overwhelming sense of gratitude that I am a notch or two higher in the chain of humanity than the culprits I am referring to.

I am sure you might be aware that I am not the only one fed up with your antics.............further reminder - the topic is MOST ACCURATE TUNER.

Edited by rslaing

I just got one of these [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPU8ckQ_D6M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPU8ckQ_D6M[/url]

Mostly because I was attracted to the shiny lights, used it for one guitar gig so far, it's very well built and very quick. Though got stung for vat and handling charge, so not very cheap from America.

[quote name='rslaing' post='498007' date='May 26 2009, 02:26 PM']Dear Clever Dick.

If you read the post after yours, you might find that the information I have provided has been of help.

I have reported you and a list your cronies to the mods - I sincerely hope you all get banned for puerile personal attacks for cheap laughs that have nothing to do with the topic in hand.

I assure you, I have not had my ego punctured - it would take a lot more than comments like yours, or the other half baked imbeciles in here that seem hell bent on doing nothing else but trolling and baiting, to make any difference to me.

But I still read your posts because they give me an overwhelming sense of gratitude that I am a notch or two higher in the chain of humanity than the culprits I am referring to.[/quote]

While I agree with you that maybe some people have given you a hard time and appreciate the fact that you are very clued up and respect your opinion on such matters I also think that may come across a little arrogant and egotistical.

At the end of the day it's an internet forum and there are always going to be people busting chops.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='498016' date='May 26 2009, 02:35 PM']While I agree with you that maybe some people have given you a hard time and appreciate the fact that you are very clued up and respect your opinion on such matters I also think that may come across a little arrogant and egotistical.

At the end of the day it's an internet forum and there are always going to be people busting chops.[/quote]

Exactly, this is a forum and the rules are to stay on topic. Which is exactly what I do, and others obviously don't.

I ain't arrogant or egotistical - I make strong points about things which I know about and have experience. I say nothing about any subject about which I have no knowledge, which are many I assure you.

Anyway, I'll keep this short, because it isn't on topic.

But really, if people in here want to spend all day trolling, baiting, or as you put it, busting chops, maybe they should find a suitable forum exactly for that.

And if you would like something that sounds arrogant (but isn't) - how about this:-

"You can't make anyone feel inferior without their own consent"

Edited by rslaing

[quote name='rslaing' post='498019' date='May 26 2009, 02:41 PM']Exactly, this is a forum and the rules are to stay on topic. Which is exactly what I do, and others obviously don't.

I ain't arrogant or egotistical - I make strong points about things which I know about and have experience. I say nothing about any subject about which I have no knowledge, which are many I assure you.

But really, if people in here want to spend all day trolling, baiting, or as you put it, busting chops, maybe they should find a suitable forum exactly for that.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='rslaing' post='498019' date='May 26 2009, 02:41 PM']Exactly, this is a forum and the rules are to stay on topic. Which is exactly what I do, and others obviously don't.

But really, if people in here want to spend all day trolling, baiting, or as you put it, busting chops, maybe they should find a suitable forum exactly for that.[/quote]

Chill out dude - let the children play. I tried to tell you earlier, even if you were to say 2+2 = 4, there is somebody who would try and prove otherwise.

Remember, years of experience of bassing in the bedroom counts for so much more... and you can't argue with that.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='498027' date='May 26 2009, 02:52 PM']Chill out dude - let the children play. I tried to tell you earlier, even if you were to say 2+2 = 4, there is somebody who would try and prove otherwise.

Remember, years of experience of bassing in the bedroom counts for so much more... and you can't argue with that.[/quote]

Of course, you are right. But when these idiots are starting to pm you ( I have had to use the blocking facility) or they are writing public filth that my daughter (16 years old) reads, it really is something else.

But I know what you are saying.

[quote name='rslaing' post='498007' date='May 26 2009, 02:26 PM']Dear Clever Dick.

But I still read your posts because they give me an overwhelming sense of gratitude that I am a notch or two higher in the chain of humanity than the culprits I am referring to.

I am sure you might be aware that I am not the only one fed up with your antics.............further reminder - the topic is MOST ACCURATE TUNER.[/quote]

rslaing my man!

I take it I am one of these "half baked imbeciles" you have reported to the mods? The fact that the mods have refrained from reprimanding me would indicate how valid they view your complaint!

The fact that you have dished out more insults on this thread than everyone else combined, yet still claim to be the victim of "personal attacks" leaves me scratching my head. You seem a reasonably bright lad, can you not see that although your technical knowledge is useful and interesting, you seem to have the communication skills of the Unabomber? People disagree with you. Doesn't mean they're insulting you!

As for your constant claim of being "ON TOPIC", I think the beauty of a web forum is that what starts off as a very niche thread, blossoms into a broader debate based on the OP. For example "what is the most accurate tuner?" - well we can all use google and cut and paste (a skill your SO keen to show off), to narrow it down to 2 tuners within the first post. Should we then close the thread? We've got the answer, shall we just move on?

The point is, threads develop. I don't think I'm the only one who questions the need for such accuracy. As highlighted above, its also intersting to find out how others tune their instrument and their perceived need for accuracy.

Personally, I have no issue with your posts. You clearly have some of the answers. You don't have all of them.

So, try and relax, calm down, stop insulting people and you'll enjoy yourself much more.

[quote name='rslaing' post='498028' date='May 26 2009, 02:55 PM']Of course, you are right. But when these idiots are starting to pm you ( I have had to use the blocking facility)[/quote]

By "idiots" you mean well respected forum members* who would rather clear the air in private via a friendly PM?

*Not me I hasten to add!

[quote name='rslaing' post='498019' date='May 26 2009, 02:41 PM']Exactly, this is a forum and [b]the rules are to stay on topic[/b]. Which is exactly what I do, and others obviously don't.[/quote]
I must have missed that rule. I didn't miss a couple of others though - the one about opinions [DEBATING & FREE SPEECH, paragraphs 1, 2 & 3], the one about typing in CAPS [OTHER HINTS & TIPS, point 2], for example. You however, may have.

Edited by johnnylager