Why become a member? ×

Feedback for The Bass Doc

neepheid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howard put some bits out of his spares stash together into a lovely little custom bridge for me, exactly what I wanted & it looks so much better now than what was on my 51P MiJ.
Built & posted practically overnight, service with a smile, great guy to deal with.

He's a diamond gent that's for sure.

Cheerz, John

• 1 month later...

Not that Howard needs any more positive feedback, but having sent him a few bits of vintage Rickenbacker/Rickenfaker/Rickalike a month or so back, I wasn't overly optimistic that the sum of the parts would add up to much. Needless to say I'm now the proud owner of a rather nice sounding - and more importantly extremely well rebuilt and set-up - 4001-alike. To be honest, there's no better way to get your bass work done; stick it in a box, send it to Howard, and hey presto, a couple of weeks latter back comes the same box with a somewhat nicer instrument inside! It's like waking up on Xmas morning!

Cheers Doc

C

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1331669002' post='1576990']
Not that Howard needs any more positive feedback, but having sent him a few bits of vintage Rickenbacker/Rickenfaker/Rickalike a month or so back, I wasn't overly optimistic that the sum of the parts would add up to much. Needless to say I'm now the proud owner of a rather nice sounding - and more importantly extremely well rebuilt and set-up - 4001-alike. To be honest, there's no better way to get your bass work done; stick it in a box, send it to Howard, and hey presto, a couple of weeks latter back comes the same box with a somewhat nicer instrument inside! It's like waking up on Xmas morning!
[/quote]

Newcastle folklore tells of a man taking an old scratchplate screw to Howie and later that day Howie emerged from his den with a completed 60's Jazz! ;) ...it's true I tell you! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Bass Doc has just cured me of some Stingray pickguard GAS. Cheaper than BUPA, quicker than the NHS, with the medication received being very palatable indeed! Seriously though, 2 MM pickguards, both fantastic, made within 2 days, fitting service offered, I got to chat to a near legend (who may yet custom make me my perfect bass) and all this for £20 less than ONE pickguard from WD music would have cost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Howard made me a 70's pattern red tort scratchplate for a '73 P-bass and it's a dead ringer for the real thing. I genuinely didn't think it could be done but I am stunned at the quality and Howard has been very communicative and a pleasure to do business with. The price was exceptional and was less than inferior products out there.

Howard, please retire immediately or I think you'll end up bankrupting me!!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Just remembered - weeks ago Howard made me a special little black [s]dress[/s] control plate for a Jazz bass. 1st class job as always, cheap as chips & even went to extreme length to post it while on his hols, (from somewhere in the lake district I think!).

He's a 24 carat gold fella.

Cheerz Doc,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Howard made me a replacement scratchplate and trussrod cover for my Epiphone Tbird. He was very patient with my waffling and very clear about what he needed to do the work. The work is nicely done, within my budget, and quickly received. I hope to deal with him again.

many thanks

Mike