Why become a member? ×

Feedback for The Bass Doc

neepheid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howard did a little conversion job for me - routed out my tatty old Musicmaster bass to accept a P pickup which he fitted along with a new scratchplate, loom and knobs. Plus additionally a new s/p for a jazz bass. Great comms throughout, totally perfect job. I couldn't be more happy!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest teamcoy

Howard is a great guy to deal with.

He made me a couple of plates for my Precision bitsa and even re made one of them when it wasn't a perfect fit.

Brilliant comms and a great asset to the forum.

Thanks again!

Howard has just done me a brown tortie plate for my 2001 Sonic Blue Jazz.
Wouldn't say it was a good job, but not sure I need to bother with putting the screws back in :lol: .
And it looks the poodles privates.
Top job, top product, very fast service. Many thanks Howard.
As Arnie would say "I'll be back".
Cheers,
Karl.

• 1 month later...

This morning I found my new scratchplate in the smelly bin where the postie had kindly left it.

Howard managed to make a perfect fit white pearl plate from a hacked up white original with c**p cardboard template after I dug out my Squier P5 (JJ pups) to fit a EMG split coil in the neck position to give the more aesthetically correct PJ layout.

He kindly put up with my rambling emails, huge delays whilst I gave up and then finally turned it round very quickly after I eventually got a mate to cut the template and managed to brave the post office to get it to him. All in the run up to Christmas too!

Thanks again Howard, pleasure doing my second business transaction with you, over 20 years after the first!

• 5 weeks later...

Howard refurbished and refinished a 1974 Hayman 4040 for me. What a stunning job. His work was really cut out on the neck, which was badly bowed and needed extensive work including planing the fingerboard, re-fret, replacing the black binding and re-lacquer. Now it's like new.

Thanks very much Uncle, I am in awe of your skills. This is a very special instrument! :)

Played it at rehearsal last night - it's a monster. With both pickups on it roars like a chunky beast and shakes the floor!

Howard transformed my old Westone Thunder Jet into a rock monster. Routed out for a Musicman pickup, custom scratchplate to cover up at the front, new backplate at rear for easier access to the gubbins, wired to an existing P-retro. Absolutely top job, couldn't be more pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been struggling to find tuner bushes for an old Jap neck project. I met up with Will (2X18) a couple of weeks ago and he advised me to contact Howard.
One week later I have the bushes.
Thanks Howard, it will be great to get this thing back together again.
All the best,
Mark.

Same for me Lozz, fabulous yet again Bass Doc.
If you want to see some of his work go to forum "Gear", sub forum "bass guitars", topic "where has all the decent tortoiseshell gone".
Many thanks yet again Howard, fabulous boss!
No doubt will be in touch soon :D