Why become a member? ×

Westones for sale

Boy Thunder

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='493612' date='May 20 2009, 07:13 PM']but i can't justify two basses in the space of a fortnight![/quote]

I did that a few months ago and felt rotten...It just feels wrong. :)

[quote name='noelk27' post='494453' date='May 21 2009, 04:47 PM']Are any of the basses you're selling medium scale?[/quote]

The Thunder 2 (Pearl) is shorter scale. Don't know if it would be classed as Medium scale.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270393479846"]See it here[/url]

Hope that helps.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='494516' date='May 21 2009, 05:58 PM']Don't see one of these in your collection:

(NOT for sale :) )

G.[/quote]

I did have one for a while but not being a great fretless player I sold it....

Perhaps I should have kept it... ah well... I may rue selling these some day but space dictates.... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Boy Thunder' post='494510' date='May 21 2009, 05:50 PM']The Thunder 2 (Pearl) is shorter scale. Don't know if it would be classed as Medium scale.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270393479846"]See it here[/url]

Hope that helps.[/quote]

The thunder 2 is 32" which makes it medium scale. i have one - it is rare and awesome. Buy it quickly and enjoy it forever!!

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='494916' date='May 22 2009, 09:56 AM']Is that a slightly later one with those pickups and bridge?
I had an early f/l Thunder III as well, with a P/J config[/quote]

Later... yeah.. but not by much. The magnabass pups were a mid '80s change from the P/J config on earlier models...4 years or so.

The earlier version had a brass bridge and hardware, the later ones were changed to black...

The later one had the pup selector switch moved from the top hor to nearer the control knobs...

Other than that it's the same as the 2As...

Great bass...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,everybody!

I'm Federico and I play post hardcore in a band called Storm{o} www.myspace.com/stormhc

I'm found this site only 2 days ago...and now I love Westones bass

I've got to change my sh*tty instrument and I see those bass that seem really good.

So, Boy Thunder, I've got some question about your instruments because I don't understand how many basses you have already got..

I need a bass with XLR connector,so thunder II or III, I suppose..Have you got any bass like it for sale?
Do you ship to Italy?

Thank You for the attention,I ask for forgiveness for my english,it sucks!!
I hope that you understand everything

Cheers from Italy

Update...

I only have the Thunder Jet left...

All others have sold...

In respect of what is the value of your Thunder 3... A guitar is really only worth what someone is prepared to pay.. but.. FYI.. my Thunder 2s all sold for £350ish each.. A Thunder 3 should fetch a little more but no much...Maybe £400 ....

Take good care of it..

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='494916' date='May 22 2009, 09:56 AM']Is that a slightly later one with those pickups and bridge?
I had an early f/l Thunder III as well, with a P/J config[/quote]

Yup, as has already been stated, this replaced the P/J config.

I find the tonal qualities amazing. The neck pup is still a P, but in a rectangular shell, while the bridge is a 2-spool humbucker.

There's a switch which does series/parallel on both pups simultaneously. The Volume knob pulls up for 'out-of-phase' when in combination.

The middle knob is a passive treble roll-off. I use it quite a lot.

The end knob is a really peculiar active pre-amp which has an active/passive switch.

From the central detente, turning anti-clockwise boosts bass frequencies, and turning clockwise cuts bass and boosts mids. To my ear, there's not very much of a treble boost, anyway, it's just right for the Pino Palatino sound - well, at least I can *sound* like him, even if I can't play like him!!! :)

I picked this up with the original case in my local Cash Converters about 3 years ago for £140.00, so I'm well pleased with the above evaluation.

G.