Why become a member? ×

Westones for sale

Boy Thunder

Hello peeps...

Ok, so I have a few too many basses and not enough room for them all... plus I want to branch out into fields anew.

So I've decided to sell a whole bunch of my Westone collection.

Up for grabs are:

Westone Thunder Jet, Black...
[i]Westone 1, Natural finish[/i]------------------------ [b]SOLD on eBay[/b]
Westone 1A, Black finish. I have 2 of these ------------- [b]Only 1 left[/b]
Westone 2 Pearl with heel-less set neck. A rare beauty I have never seen anywhere else... Shame to sell her but hey... we move on.
Westone 2, Walnut finish, I have 2 of these. One of them has the XLR output as oppsed to a standard jack out.

So that's 7 of my 10 Westies going... :) I'm keeping a 1A a 2A and a 3A

The Westone 1, Natural and the 2 Pearl and the Jet are currently listed on ebay. I'll be listing the rest soon but thought you guys might be interested.

I have some hi-res photos if you want them...

Anyone who knows about these basses knows how good they can be.

Fair offers will be considered...

I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

thanks...

Edited by Boy Thunder

[quote name='Boy Thunder' post='492654' date='May 19 2009, 08:23 PM']I'm happy to answer any questions you have.[/quote]

Why have you got so many Westones? :)

Those natural 2s look great. What are the controls? I guess the top horn switch is a pup selector like on the old Spectrum guitars, what are the three knobs and three switches?

[quote name='budget bassist' post='492662' date='May 19 2009, 08:34 PM']how much BIN on the black thunder with gold hardware? that's a beaut![/quote]

Thanks. It is really nice.

I'm looking for £125 (collected) on the 1As. I have 2. The one shown in the pic is the "spare". The one I gig is in much better condition.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='492664' date='May 19 2009, 08:36 PM']Why have you got so many Westones? :)

Those natural 2s look great. What are the controls? I guess the top horn switch is a pup selector like on the old Spectrum guitars, what are the three knobs and three switches?[/quote]

Why so many... God knows... I got really keen on them and ended up just buying them. I love the tonal range you can get and the build quality is superb. Plus I think they look great.

The swiches are:

Phase.

'Dual Tone' (Series/parallel) and

Active tone switches.

There were 3 different versions of the Thunder II with different Pup configs... I'm not sure which I prefered...

[quote name='Boy Thunder' post='492667' date='May 19 2009, 08:39 PM']Thanks. It is really nice.

I'm looking for £125 (collected) on the 1As. I have 2. The one shown in the pic is the "spare". The one I gig is in much better condition.[/quote]
Ooh you tease.... I'll have to get back to you on that, i really want one! haha

[quote name='budget bassist' post='492689' date='May 19 2009, 08:56 PM']Ooh you tease.... I'll have to get back to you on that, i really want one! haha[/quote]

Well, the 1As are not on ebay yet... but they will be soon... £125 will be the BIN price...

Take your time...

Can you PM me with a price for the P/J pickup Westone? And what is it, a Thunder III? I posted a thread asking for one of these recently but ended up buying an Aria. I'm still interested in a Thunder II or III though. Cheers.

[quote name='Dee' post='492847' date='May 20 2009, 12:12 AM']Can you PM me with a price for the P/J pickup Westone? And what is it, a Thunder III? I posted a thread asking for one of these recently but ended up buying an Aria. I'm still interested in a Thunder II or III though. Cheers.[/quote]

Hi there...

It's a Thunder 2... later they became 3s. A friend of mine pointed your link out to me but at the time I wasn't looking to sell... Time is a funny thing eh....

I do have a Thunder 3 in walnut finish but I'm gonna keep it, along with a 1A in trans black and a walnut 3.

I'll PM you in regard to price...

Cheers

[quote name='Kongo' post='492851' date='May 20 2009, 12:16 AM']What an interesting collection.[/quote]

Thanks... I think... ^_^

My full collection consists of

Westone Thunder Jet... For Sale
Westone Thunder 1... For Sale
Westone Thunder 1A (3 of them)... best bass ever made IMO.. 2 For Sale
Westone Thunder 2 (4 of them)... 3 For Sale
Westone Thunder 3.. Not For Sale (unless you have silly money)
Epiphone EB3... (Not For Sale)
BC Rich Beast NJ... (Could be persuaded for the right price... Includes fitted coffin case...Immaculate condition)
Tanglewood 4K.. (poop)... Who wants it... I hire it out to nob heads who forget to bring their own to practice... hehehe
Legacy Acoustic... (Not For Sale)... Great for home practice...

oh... and a Thunder 1A (guitar)....Sorry... :blush:

[quote]What an interesting collection.[/quote]

[quote]Thanks... I think... ^_^[/quote]

I agree - lovely collection. Shame to have to split it. Although I s'pose they're not exacty rare - must have sold by the bucket-load at the time. Our first bassist had one - back in 80's....

Pluck

Edited by sgt-pluck

Arrgh. That black 1A is the bass I wanted when I was 14! Remember it being much more expensive than than the natural version, which is how I ended up with that. The natural one was £150 back in 1984 (£350 in today's money). These are great basses though - very easy to play.

Good luck with the sale(s)!

[quote name='sgt-pluck' post='492930' date='May 20 2009, 07:43 AM']I agree - lovely collection. Shame to have to split it. Although I s'pose they're not exacty rare[/quote]

I am a bit reluctant to split the set but.... I really have too many...

And you're right... some models are quite common and there are loads on ebay and other places...

I do think they are seriously over looked though.... Bearing in mind that the NEWEST of these will be getting on for 20 years old... The build quality really speaks for itself.

The earliest model I have dates to '81... That's nearly 30 years old... and it's in near mint condition... I don't see many modern guitars that even have the same specifications let alone build quality... Ah well...

*steps off soap box* :blush:

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='493082' date='May 20 2009, 10:58 AM']buying a proper bass then! :rolleyes:
Actually, that Thuinder III fretless I had for a while was a damn fine bass and as you know, I think your IIA is a very nice bass indeed.[/quote]

Thanks John... I'm gonna keep 1 of the 2As I have (the black one)... You can see my new 1A later... I'm gonna use that instead of the one I normally use...

Oh... and if by "proper bass" you are refering to a Fender then... No... You know my feelings on that subject... :)

Have a good gig on Thursday...

A little off topic maybe but on the subject of Westones, has anyone ever come across this bass? It has to be somewhere - I px'ed it for a MIJ jazz in about 1989 in Cambridge so maybe it's broken up by now!
[attachment=25569:Westone_...ble_neck.jpg]

A bit of a beast! Fretted and lined fretless and way too heavy...aaah the 1980's when I could lift such a thing!

Thunders are great basses and I wish I had the cash right now, good luck with your sale.

Dave

Its a shame to see you split that collection.

I remember you drooling over my walnut double P, xlr jobbie when I joined. Nice to see you got your hands on one... and now its for sale :)

Times a change I suppose huh.

[quote name='The_D' post='493178' date='May 20 2009, 12:26 PM']Its a shame to see you split that collection.

I remember you drooling over my walnut double P, xlr jobbie when I joined. Nice to see you got your hands on one... and now its for sale :)

Times a change I suppose huh.[/quote]

I remember drooling too... :lol:

Yeah.. I got one for myself.. But I realise now that I have too many... 14...!!! 10 of them never get played... Time to move on I suppose.

When they all sell I may be in the market for a kick ass gig bass.. or a holiday... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Boy Thunder' post='492890' date='May 20 2009, 12:58 AM']Westone Thunder 3.. Not For Sale (unless you have silly money)[/quote]

As a long-time Thunder 3 player, I'm totally with you on that. :)

I hope you get good money for the ones you're selling!

I have a battered blue/green Thunder Jet that I've permanently borrowed off of the guitarist in my band... :) and it's excellent for what it is! i would love one of these (the white one is very nice), but i can't justify two basses in the space of a fortnight!