Why become a member? ×

Hi everyone!

Grassie

To all of you,

Hi, my name is Grant Smith, and I'd like to post my first, er... post on Basschat.
So, a little about me and my gear; I have been playing since 1994, whilst at college studying Art & Design. Buying a cheap package deal (a Fender Sunn Mustang with a 10w practice amp, gig bag, lead, strap and "instuctional" book) from the local music shop did nothing for my college grades, but friends made at college plus my new accquisition turned me on to, well, a lot of different musical styles. Fist song learnt: "Give It Away" by RHCP, and from there onwards it was onto the likes of Metallica, Faith No More, Joe Satriani amongst others that got the fingers in pretty quickly.
So that's how it started for me. Now, I currently play in a local covers band here on the Isle of Wight called Sidetracked. All rock covers; Green Day, Kinks, Who, Foo Fighters, that sort of stuff. My personal influences that aren't really related to Sidetracked are early Level 42, RHCP, Jamiroquai, Stone Temple Pilots, Depeche Mode, Ian Dury, Incubus, Kings of Leon, Soundgarden, The Police and many others. Gear-wise, I play a Mexican Fender Jazz through a Hartke HA4000 head with a Hartke 4x10 VX cabinet, with a recently purchased Peavey Dynabass as a back-up. Only two FX pedals: a DOD bass chorus and a ElectroHarmonix Bass Blogger. I also use a Planet Waves chromatic tuner pedal.
Anyway, that's me, maybe I'll see some of you in cyberspace...

Grant