Why become a member? ×

Surprisingly pleased

MoonBassAlpha

Hi folks
I just wanted to pass on my experience of my first gig using my Lowdown 110 (75W)
Because I had to take MY drum kit for our drummer (don't ask!) I didn't have the space (or, frankly the inclination) to take my
Trace 300W combo.
The gig was in a pub with a raised stage area, vocal P.A. (no monitors :) ) and acoustic guitar straight through the pa.
We aren't a very loud band, but the amp competed fine with the drums and guitar and sounded quite nice, and the mix was "about right" according to 3 folks in the audience who are musicians.
I had the master vol on about half, so there was a bit more in the bag too. At this setting it was still quite clean and undistorted, not sure how it would have fared if I'd pushed it more, but it didn't need it here.
Pleasantly surprised.
Jules

I've gigged my Lowdown 110 with PA assistance without any issues apart from the guitarist at the other end of the stage saying that he couldn't hear me properly. I played a small pub gig with just a vocal PA and it was just about passable with volume at 75-80%. I would use it as a backup but not my 1st choice backline, though this was in a pop/rock band with 2 electric guitarists.