Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-MAX - 900watts?

obbm

I'm in the proces of checking one of these over for another BCer and had a browse through eBay to see what they sell for when I found [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-T-max-bass-amp-900-watt-Awesome-not-fender_W0QQitemZ200145009099QQihZ010QQcategoryZ58719QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]this[/url].

According to the manual these are 500w max output into 2-ohms and I'm not aware of a more powerful version.

Also according to the manual the consumption is 900watts.

Is he mixing his input with his output deliberately in order to hype up this modest little gem or can someone put me right?

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Rich' post='51570' date='Aug 28 2007, 09:22 AM']And that, my friends, would be a [i]brilliant[/i] bona-fide bang-for-buck bargain. How's that for a spot of early morning alliteration? :huh:
+1 for a terrific amp.[/quote]
Extremely eloquent and excellent early morning exposition, I'd say! :huh:

Afternoon analysis of amazing alliterative agility..... bloody difficult to keep up!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's a classic ebay trick. Stacks of people will search for Fender/Ampeg/Trace and suchlike... and wouldn't find the peavey. Stick "[i]not Fender/Ampeg/Trace[/i]" in the header, and it'll then be picked up in searches for those names, so the number of people who spot your amp increases instantly!! Magic :)