Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Lyte [SOLD]

MuseMatt

The unfortunate time has come that this one's gotta go :) battered as seen on the pics but still a great rockbass!
Approximately 15 years old, in my posession for 2 years now.

As I'm buying some Ibanez's I GAS for, I can't keep this one.

inside may look a mess, but that's the Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp. It's fitted with Seymour Duncan antiquities.

Can ship to UK, packed and wrapped for about 25 pounds.

Hoping to get about £250-300 for this bass, but open for offers.

Edited by MuseMatt

Hey people

bump, and for those reading: should I go lower with the price, since there has been no real interest in this so far... or would I be better of selling the electronics and 'get rid of' the body?

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='495155' date='May 22 2009, 01:39 PM']bump, and for those reading: should I go lower with the price, since there has been no real interest in this so far... or would I be better of selling the electronics and 'get rid of' the body?[/quote]

I don't think splitting them would make much sense.

There's only one in the completed listings on eBay, went for £285, but that one didn't have any obvious damage. IIRC they were about £350 new but that was in the early '90s.

Like anything else it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it. Maybe let it run a bit longer and see what sort of offers you get.

well, the 285 was for the versions without battering ofcourse, but also with inferior (at least in my opinion) pickups... I'll just keep it online I guess. If anyone knows someone who needs a decent rockbass with enough battering for not having to worry about gig damage... :)

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='495259' date='May 22 2009, 03:29 PM']well, the 285 was for the versions without battering ofcourse, but also with inferior (at least in my opinion) pickups... I'll just keep it online I guess. If anyone knows someone who needs a decent rockbass with enough battering for not having to worry about gig damage... :)[/quote]

And here concludes the lesson: aftermarket addons add virtually nothing to resale value. You're usually better off restoring the bass to stock configuration and selling the upgrade parts separately (or using them in something else!)

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='495155' date='May 22 2009, 01:39 PM']Hey people

bump, and for those reading: should I go lower with the price, since there has been no real interest in this so far... or would I be better of selling the electronics and 'get rid of' the body?[/quote]

Personally I think the damage is too substantial to not knock more off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='495180' date='May 22 2009, 02:04 PM']There's only one in the completed listings on eBay, went for £285, but that one didn't have any obvious damage. IIRC they were about £350 new but that was in the early '90s.[/quote]
Actually, they were more like £500 new, that's what I paid for mine in 1993 :) Cracking and versitile bass, and won't cause a prolapsed disc after a couple of hours!

EDIT: Oops, just seen this thread was bumped from like 9 months ago!

Edited by El_Capitain