Why become a member? ×

Woke up this Morning in 1983!

MB1

MB1. :)
Bit of a "Ashes To Ashes" moment Kajagoogoo on the Television and announcing there 2009 Tour.Mr Limahl sang a live vocal,looked like the band were miming??.Nick Beggs Bassist who has always reminded me of the Guitarist out of Mud in his fashion sense ,seemed to be wearing a pinstriped smock/dress sort of thing?...Looked very strange! :rolleyes: ..Blonde Musicman Stingray......Nice to hear that Classic Bassline again!....Nick is a very Underated bassist....
Lot of 80s bands back in the spotlight again!....
Good Thing? or does.......Frankie Say.... "No More!"????????

[quote name='MB1' post='487774' date='May 14 2009, 11:26 AM']MB1. :rolleyes:
Lot of 80s bands back in the spotlight again!....
Good Thing? or does.......Frankie Say.... "No More!"????????[/quote]

Yes - a very good thing in my view, the '80's being my favourite decade music-wise.

Seems a lot of other people must feel the same, since if there wasn't a market out there, there wouldn't be much point in all these bands re-forming.

I wouldn't like to be drawn on what that says about the current music scene though.....? :)

[quote name='crez5150' post='487919' date='May 14 2009, 02:14 PM']I'm all for it...... 80's rules![/quote]

Err no they didnt. They didnt rule at all!!!!

The 80's was largely a torrid pile of fermenting gerbils p155 dressed up in rubbish clothes

The pop scene was diabolical IMO (can you say Five Star?)

Up until the death of the indie charts there was at least something to listen to, sometimes (Fuzzbox' Bostin Steve Austin was a cracking album!). I consider that death to have been Erasure and Kylie Minogue both getting to no 1 in the Indie charts. The cheek!

Mind you, I hate The Smiths with a passion too, and all that New Romantic cobblers. I did like Public Enemy, and The Beastie Boys (esp Paul's Boutique), and quite a lot of the early Electro stuff, but that was a loooongg way from mainstream (ignoring Doug E Fresh - please!)

Two Tone was great but that lasted about 5 minutes, and some of the goth stuff was a laugh, but come on Kajagoogoo, get the hell out of here!!!

I dont care how good a bassist he was or wasnt, it was an awfulawfulawfulawfulawful band!

Thank god for dodgy punk clubs bashing out Stooges tracks, I'd not have survived but for that and early thrash :)

I honestly dont think the Eighties was the best of Musical times!....but theyre were Good Bassists about, playing Catchy basslines, even if you didnt like the band!.. 51m0n just mentioned 5 star...whose bass player was a young Randy Hope Taylor.....see what i mean?.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='487954' date='May 14 2009, 02:49 PM']MB1. :)
I honestly dont think the Eighties was the best of Musical times!....but theyre was Good Bassists about playing Catchy basslines even if you didnt like the band!.. 51m0n just mentioned 5 star...whose bass player was a young Randy Hope Taylor.....see what i mean?.[/quote]

Look he could be the best bass player of all time, I loathed, and still do, everything produced by Five Star, and all their ilk!

[quote name='51m0n' post='487957' date='May 14 2009, 02:51 PM']Look he could be the best bass player of all time, I loathed, and still do, everything produced by Five Star, and all their ilk![/quote]

"Fair Enough!....i only hear the bass!" :rolleyes: