Why become a member? ×

G & L L 2000 tribute bass. SOLD!

jezzaboy

L2000 Tribute for sale. Paid £560 for it late last year. Looking for £290. Will throw in a fender gigbag.The only reason for selling this bass is due to buying a new US P bass. Having said that, the P bass is about to be punted as I`m going back to a Jazz!

Good condition, only a few light scratches on the rear of the body. Great range of sounds as stated on this site before.
Only thing is I wont post it. I know that will narrow down the potential buyers but so be it. I am in Paisley 8 miles from Glasgow but if you are intrested give me a shout and we can mabye work something out.

Jez

[attachment=25822:DSC00082.JPG]

[attachment=25821:DSC00080.JPG]

[attachment=25823:DSC00086.JPG]

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='boabskiboab' post='486331' date='May 12 2009, 08:30 PM']Is this the same trib that was on gumtree a couple of months ago?[/quote]

Aye Boab. I was selling then I wasn`t but it`s definatley going this time. Lower price this time as well.

Jez

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='486505' date='May 12 2009, 11:31 PM']Cracking basses. I gig mine every other weekend. Big sound and light too.[/quote]

+1 Mine's definitely a keeper, and the standard against which I judge anything else. So far, very few basses I've tried have been better.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='489858' date='May 16 2009, 03:17 PM']I have one of these and it's a helleva bass I can tell you.

So have a bump on me.[/quote]

Cheers for that. Price now dropped to £300.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='492390' date='May 19 2009, 02:32 PM']If you were offering to post then I’d be immensely tempted by this…[/quote]

Sorry dudes. Lost a bass to the mighty courier a few years back and it caused me no end of hassle. And yes I know I am shooting myself in the foot. Would meet someone halfway but I know that that`s not ideal.

And yes, it is black, just my sh*tty camera!

Jez

[quote name='Kongo' post='491981' date='May 18 2009, 10:52 PM']If you could wave a magic wand and make it grow another string and err...wider fretboard etc I'd have it...I want a G&L L2500 BAD!!![/quote]
You mean likey so.
[attachment=25551:G_L_L2500_1.JPG]

But it ain't For Sale

Thursday afternoon bump

Berk of the month story. A guy phoned up locally (it`s on gumtree) and when I explained the controls, swithches etc, he seemed a bit confused not having played for 10 years and he had a Jap Squire p bass when he was playing so was used to one tone, one volume. I happened to mention that I had a jazz I could let him play. Result: I`ve still got the G & L and he got himself a jazz for £200!

I am a muppet but he was a decent guy!

Jez

I hope this doesn't come across as rude (it's not meant to be! :) . This is a great bass at a ridiculously low price. You've got someone wanting to buy it but you won't post due to a bad experience in the past. You can insure it in the post. Think about it, thousands of basses and guitars get sent in the mail or by courier every day. Sure, the odd one will get damaged or lost. But if you bump your car, does that mean you'll never get in a car again?