Why become a member? ×

Jack Bass Custom, Natural Finish

MoonBassAlpha

Hi Folks
Fully functioning generally good condition neck-through headless bass. All maple construction.
EMG select jazz pickups, 2band active eq, operates passive too (no dead battery misery!)

The only issue this bass has is that the relief in the neck only adjusts so far, then stops. With 45-100 strings on this means there is
just under 1mm relief in the middle of the board when fretted at 1 and 24. It Plays fine with no rattles.
The neck is stable, narrow width but reasonably deep by a lot of modern bass standards (round C-shape), string spacing 10mm nut, 18mm bridge.
There are also photos of scratches along the fingerboard (repair?) by the first 2 frets.
These can't be felt when playing.
I own 3 of these, and one has been my sole gigging bass since '91, not let me down once, and never even broken a string.
This was bought as a twin to the one I defretted, but I've not really used it since I got it, and now have a SEI...
The sound is quite organic, woody, though the eq can dial in nice cutting top and dubby bass.
Any takers?
Cheers
Jules

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

[quote name='MB1' post='484436' date='May 10 2009, 06:03 PM']MB1. :)
............MB1....Calling Jamesemt!....Come in James it's for you! :rolleyes:

Jamesemt is Little Jack Hohner in these parts...Sure hed' like this! :lol:[/quote]
Maybe the pictures will help get his juices flowing! I offered it direct to him before.
Piccies always seem to get MY gas going...

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='484349' date='May 10 2009, 03:46 PM']Hi Folks
Fully functioning generally good condition neck-through headless bass. All maple construction.
EMG select jazz pickups, 2band active eq, operates passive too (no dead battery misery!)

The only issue this bass has is that the relief in the neck only adjusts so far, then stops. With 45-100 strings on this means there is
just under 1mm relief in the middle of the board when fretted at 1 and 24. It Plays fine with no rattles.
The neck is stable, narrow width but reasonably deep by a lot of modern bass standards (round C-shape), string spacing 10mm nut, 18mm bridge.
There are also photos of scratches along the fingerboard (repair?) by the first 2 frets.
These can't be felt when playing.
I own 3 of these, and one has been my sole gigging bass since '91, not let me down once, and never even broken a string.
This was bought as a twin to the one I defretted, but I've not really used it since I got it, and now have a SEI...
The sound is quite organic, woody, though the eq can dial in nice cutting top and dubby bass.
Any takers?
Cheers
Jules[/quote]

hey jules
how much repair need to be done with your bass does it work i been looking for a headless bass for years and how low on the price would you go for

cheer lance

[quote name='harlowbassplayer' post='502064' date='May 31 2009, 05:46 AM']hey jules
how much repair need to be done with your bass does it work i been looking for a headless bass for years and how low on the price would you go for

cheer lance[/quote]

RADICAL PRICE DROP £140!!!!!

Lance, it doesn't really need any work done.
If you would like and honest independant appraisal of how it plays, King Tut (Colin) had a good play on it when he came over to buy an amp off me.
I'm sure if you PM him he will give you the score on it.
At this price you can't really go wrong for a backup bass.
First person to offer this on here gets it, remember it is collection, or meet up reasonably close to Oxford.
Cheers
Jules