Why become a member? ×

Status S1 5 String - For Sale / Trade

JD1

Hi folks.

I p/ex'd this from Shockwave recently. But I've decided to move it on.

Its a really nice bass - and (apart from a little buckle rash) you can see it is in excellent condition. It also comes with a Status / Hiscox hard case.

But, having A/B'd it with my Sandberg PM5 on a variety of gigs it doesn't really bring anything new to the table for me. Ordinarily I would keep it as a back up fretted but at the moment I need a smaller amp / cab or combo for some theatre work I have coming up (past experience has told me my GK and EPI UL310 are a bit much - both in terms of size and power). Also I could do with something for home practice and teaching.

Therefore, if anyone is interested in a P/ex or swap - I'm looking for some small / lightweight amp / cab / combo options.

It will need to be compact and (if a combo) have 150w minimum. I've an open mind, but off the top of my head: GKMB or other combos, GB Shuttles or otherwise, Hartke Hydrive Combos, Ashdown LG, Markbass, Aguilar (GS112), Warwick / Ampeg / EA spring spring to mind.

If anyone is interested in buyng the bass outright let me know. I'll need to have a think about a cash price but it will be somewhere near Rob's valuation.

Rob's post is fairly recent, but let me know if you would like me to post some pics.

Also - not into postage at all. Based in the north east - but I do get about a bit so reasonable travel considered.

Cheers

John

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44241&hl=status+s1"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=status+s1[/url]

Edited by JD1

Anyone? This is a really great bass - nice quilt top and superb graphite neck.

I would prefer an amp trade / p/ex but open to cash offers. Otherwise ebay or a p/ex on a new amp beckons...

Edited by JD1

Thanks Guys

Yes it is really nice. My rationale is that my Sandberg is a bit more versatile. If I could combine the graphite neck and looks of the Status with the PM5 I'd be made up.

If I don't get any more interest, then rather than p/ex'ing it against a new compact rig / combo I'm considering keeping it and looking for a cheaper amp option - e.g. a good small cab that I can use my GK head with - like a Aguilar GS112 or a GK NEO112 or perhaps even a cheap combo - for use at home and in the pit.

I've took a few more photos of it but they aren't the best quality so not worth posting here, but if anyone is interested I can send them.

Regards

John

Thanks for the bump MB1!

Not getting much interest in this, which is surprising as its an awful lot of bass - especially compared to the price of a new Status.

Just to stress - don't get hung up on the amp / combo p/ex thing, I'm happy to take reasonable offers on the bass outright. I've a couple of months before the theatre gigs and if push comes to shove I can get a cheap combo option or squeeze my GK / EPI set up in if I have to.

I think this will be my last bump for a while. If nowt doing I'll probably keep it and maybe try again later in the year.

Cheers

John

[quote name='JD1' post='496888' date='May 24 2009, 10:25 PM']Thanks for the bump MB1!

Not getting much interest in this, which is surprising as its an awful lot of bass - especially compared to the price of a new Status.

Just to stress - don't get hung up on the amp / combo p/ex thing, I'm happy to take reasonable offers on the bass outright. I've a couple of months before the theatre gigs and if push comes to shove I can get a cheap combo option or squeeze my GK / EPI set up in if I have to.

I think this will be my last bump for a while. If nowt doing I'll probably keep it and maybe try again later in the year.

Cheers

John[/quote]

A lot of high end basses seem to not be shifting at the mo...I think it's just times are getting harsher right now.

[quote name='JD1' post='496888' date='May 24 2009, 10:25 PM']Thanks for the bump MB1!

Cheers

John[/quote]

PM"d!

• 3 weeks later...

I've rehearsals coming up in a few weeks so thought I'd give this another bump. Could do with a compact cab / combo or would consider cash offers. Failing that I might have to p/ex against something new.

Hey,

I have a fretted Energy 5-string with wooden neck and 34 inch scale which I would happily trade for your bass if you still open for trades. The only difficulty is that my bass is in Budapest Hungary. However, I have a friend who lives in London and is usually ready to help in cases like this. Write if you are interested. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,

Gábor