Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! Overwater J Series Custom £900 SOLD!!!

Steve A

Hello. For sale is my Overwater J series Custom 4 string bass guitar. Selling purely because I'm gigging mainly on an old Fender Precision or Jazz these days and can't afford to keep a nice custom bass sitting around doing nothing.

This bass is also for sale on Ebay (£900 starting bid)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190142247455&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=009[/url]

The bass has the following features:

Rosewood fingerboard.
Flamed sycamore top.
Swamp Ash body.
Hand-made mother of pearl scratchplate.
Chrome bell-plate/control cover.
Sadowsky onboard pre-amp with Vintage Tone Control.
Locking jack socket.
Bartolini narrow soap-bar pickups.

The bass was made at the end of 2004. I bought it used 6 months after it was made. The original owner changed his mind about it as he was used to playing a 32" scale bass. The Overwater is standard, 34" scale. I used this bass on gigs for about a year but since last summer haven't used it at all.

There are a couple of small dings on the side of the body and one on the top which may be hard to see in the pics, but nothing serious.

The bass sounds lovely and tight, modern and funky but also has traditional overtones due to the Sadowsky preamp. the circuit is very versatile. The vintage tone control means you can affect the tone of both active and passive modes.

£900.

Edited by funkmunky

[quote name='guitarnbass' post='3838' date='May 21 2007, 06:56 PM']I've played this at Steve's house before, it's a lovely bass, I was like OMG, never held a bass this nice before in my life, no lie![/quote]

Yep, I have played this bass as well and was very impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Colin,

Hope you're well.

Yes it's a lovely bass and it's very sad to have to sell it but I can't afford to have Jo's '75 P bass as well, and I'm using the P all the time with Ian now. The '75 Jazz I have sounds great and is actually similar to the Overwater in some ways, just not as clean sounding.

Shame eh?

Thanks chaps.

Would prefer not to sell it to be honest. It's a very nice bass to own. Maybe if it keeps NOT SELLING for long enough I'll be able to raise the money to buy my gf's lovely P bass from other sources!

[quote name='funkmunky' post='13853' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:41 PM']Thanks chaps.

Maybe if it keeps NOT SELLING for long enough I'll be able to raise the money to buy my gf's lovely P bass from other sources![/quote]

PINCH IT!

I'm sure we've talked about this one before...... give me a shout if you need a hand :)

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there amazing looking bass, just wondering a couple of things. Are the plate and pickguard original as I noticed the control cover on the back as well. If they were added afterwards do you have any pictures without them both on? Its stunning and i really want an overwater jazz but cant be bothered to wait and prob wouldnt be able to afford one new anyway.

Bumperoonie!

Many thanks.

NJ

Hi NJ,

I had the scratchplate and control plate added recently when I replaced the circuit with the Sadowsky onboard preamp. The control plate is purely cosmetic and you're right, there is a control cavity which is accessed from the rear of the bass.

The bass looks nice without the scratchplate too but it now has screw-holes in the body.

I'm just updating all the pics and will include one of the bass naked.

Edited by funkmunky