Why become a member? ×

BASS Chorus Pedals......

MB1

[quote name='Fraktal' post='486909' date='May 13 2009, 01:53 PM']Boss CE-2B

Now if you would excuse me, need to find a wall where to bang my head for a few hours... Happens to me always when I remember I had one of those and I sold it![/quote]

Not as frustrating as actually having lost one.....I might still have it i just don't know where!!

• 10 months later...

Another (late) vote for the old Brown Boss CE-2b. Love mine. Although my Yamaha SPX-90 sounds better, but thats a rack unit with all my other gubbins, and not as easy to transport on the smaller gigs these days.

[quote name='andyjingram' post='785601' date='Mar 25 2010, 10:43 AM']I know this thread is nearly a year old, but it might be worth looking at a Boss CE-5. It works fine for bass, and has a two band filter at the end. I've not used it to effect just the lows, more the other way around, but it might do what your after. It does of course have more of a modern sheen to it than some 'analogue' pedals, even though the earlier one were actually very clean-sounding analogue. From what I've heard, the newer (post mid '90's!) ones sound much the same as the older.

I'm away from home and pedals at the moment, but if I remember I will see how well I can do just the lows with it.[/quote]

I've always really liked the Visualsound V2, guitarist of the band I used to be in had an H2O, which has the V2 in it, and the chorus is really lovely on bass. Would be my choice above any of the others I've tried, but hardly anyone I've ever seen uses it.

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='481700' date='May 7 2009, 09:25 AM'][b]Boss CEB-3[/b].

But then, I am a Luddite.[/quote]

[quote name='foal30' post='482731' date='May 8 2009, 08:41 AM']Boss CEB-3

you can gig with it, it wont break.

like nearly every Boss Bass Pedal I have tried it takes some farting around to get the sound...but I only need it to make one good sound so it's good value. If I need a chorus that has to do 6 different types I would probably have looked elsewhere.

but for the outlay it's great value.[/quote]

+ 1 this is a great pedal and rock solid.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='482972' date='May 8 2009, 02:36 PM']I want a chorus that will chorus the lows and leave the highs alone. I know i've said this before but no-one knew the answer - is there one out there?[/quote]

The only FX unit I know of that will let you do this is the now discontinued Peavey BassFX. It's a digital multi-effects rack unit that lets you place the effects in any order you want. One of the units is a crossover (normally used if your bi-amping), so place the chorus module after it in the signal path and connect it to the low pass side, and there you have it chorus on the bass frequencies only.

However I found that doing this just muddied up the sound and left the bottom end fairly indistinct, so I would always add the chorus after the crossover but on the high pass output.

Edited by BigRedX