Why become a member? ×

Shoulder strap

exmando

[quote name='exmando' post='481085' date='May 6 2009, 03:45 PM']Has anyone ever come across a double strap which would allow the weight of the bass to be spread evenly over both shoulders - I fear my posture is suffering from long hours holding heavy basses :)[/quote]

Yes - let me find the link for you.

Brilliant - I think I will

Thanks guys
[quote name='casapete' post='481302' date='May 6 2009, 06:38 PM']The Dare Strap mentioned is available from Strings Direct - online price £17.95.
Looks like it may be worth a try?[/quote]

I recall seeing band some years ago (Vacant Stare if I recall... but it may not of been them!) and the bassist had what appeared to be a home made strap from a a parachute harness, which looked pretty cool as he clicked the locks into lace in the centre of his chest.

I tried to figure out some years later how it was done and how the bass mounted... but the details have eluded me :-(

Dare strap arrived within 24 hrs - and it is GREAT
the strap is probably a little narrower than I would have bought had it been a single conventional bass strap, but the weight distribution is excellent
I haven't gigged it yet but I definately notice the weight being spread much more evenly

[quote name='exmando' post='484904' date='May 11 2009, 11:03 AM']Dare strap arrived within 24 hrs - and it is GREAT
the strap is probably a little narrower than I would have bought had it been a single conventional bass strap, but the weight distribution is excellent
I haven't gigged it yet but I definately notice the weight being spread much more evenly[/quote]

Glad to hear that it seems to be doing the job!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='483736' date='May 9 2009, 02:50 PM']I recall seeing band some years ago (Vacant Stare if I recall... but it may not of been them!) and the bassist had what appeared to be a home made strap from a a parachute harness, which looked pretty cool as he clicked the locks into lace in the centre of his chest.[/quote]
I remember the bassist from Taproot having something resembling what you describe. Looked like it could have almost been a full five-point harness around his body with the bass clipped onto the front. Looked like it would be very comfy.

I'm planning on trying out the Dare strap when I get my new Shuker 6.

[quote name='peted' post='495022' date='May 22 2009, 11:54 AM']I remember the bassist from Taproot having something resembling what you describe. Looked like it could have almost been a full five-point harness around his body with the bass clipped onto the front. Looked like it would be very comfy.

I'm planning on trying out the Dare strap when I get my new Shuker 6.[/quote]

You may be right... I saw Taproot a few times some years ago, around the same time. Was pretty cool looking either way!

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='495015' date='May 22 2009, 11:45 AM']Best strap I've used is a Comfort Strapp...if you've got a heavy bass, this is the one for you.[/quote]

...but it's not dual shoulder is it?!