Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Rick Turner Electroline 5-stg fretless EL535-PMM-FL

nobodysprefect

So I'm getting a 6-string fretless and this one is up on the block.
Created by Rick Turner who is one of the great innovators of electric bass, this bass has an amazingly huge piezo sound and very versatile magnetic pickups. Very playable and imo one of the most underrated basses in the industry. The list price is over 2400 pounds, though.

In light of the market and the fact that I've found something I would like to buy (in addition to the fretless six) I'm asking 680 pounds shipped to UK. The bass is in Finland, and is available for noodling around for those who happen to be around here somewhere. The bass is in near mint condition, the only wear on it is shown on the pic - there's some extremely light scuffing on the back of the bass.

This is bass is now sold, pending payment. Thanks for the interest!

Edited by nobody's prefect

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='480829' date='May 6 2009, 12:03 PM']So I'm getting a 6-string fretless and this one is up on the block.
Created by Rick Turner who is one of the great innovators of electric bass, this bass has an amazingly huge piezo sound and very versatile magnetic pickups. Very playable and imo one of the most underrated basses in the industry. The list price is over 2400 pounds, though.

In light of the market and the fact that I've found something I would like to buy (in addition to the fretless six) I'm asking 680 pounds shipped to UK. The bass is in Finland, and is available for noodling around for those who happen to be around here somewhere. The bass is in near mint condition, the only wear on it is shown on the pic - there's some extremely light scuffing on the back of the bass.[/quote]
That's a very cool looking bass! Good luck with the sale...

[quote name='nobody's prefect' post='480829' date='May 6 2009, 01:03 PM']So I'm getting a 6-string fretless and this one is up on the block.

In light of the market and the fact that I've found something I would like to buy (in addition to the fretless six) I'm asking 680 pounds shipped to UK. The bass is in Finland, and is available for noodling around for those who happen to be around here somewhere. The bass is in near mint condition, the only wear on it is shown on the pic - there's some extremely light scuffing on the back of the bass.[/quote]

That's a nice one...how much for shipping to the Netherlands, and do you have some sound samples?

[quote name='JanSpeeltBas' post='483340' date='May 9 2009, 12:01 AM']That's a nice one...how much for shipping to the Netherlands, and do you have some sound samples?[/quote]

Don't have samples, and don't have a decent recording sound card either - would you like some distorted samples that lack in bass? I'll see what I can do, a friend has more than adequate equipment for recording but a busy schedule, too. No point in using samples that are severely lacking in quality imo.

Since the price includes shipping to UK I'll knock 10 quid off the price for mainland Europe buyers as crossing the channel adds about that and a few days.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='483429' date='May 9 2009, 01:49 AM']These are great basses, I have a fretted cherry wood one with a sound to die for!
The price quoted is very very reasonable![/quote]

I thought so myself. I'm taking a hit on this bass, but doesn't everybody in this economy? Still, an unused bass is still taking up the space and looks at you disapprovingly every time you go for another bass instead.