Why become a member? ×

6 in the bed.

cd_david

Thanks to Nick, Doctor of the Bass, On anothr of his purchase trips round the UK, we met up and I bought this little beauty off him :)

Lovely neck, I fell in love with graphite with the Vigier I got from Nick last year and im a sucker for a Ray so I couldn't resist this one.

[quote name='maxrossell' post='476303' date='Apr 30 2009, 07:04 PM']I gotta ask - I don't mean to offend, but why so many of the same bass? Surely they can't all be so different from each other?[/quote]

True, but first let me explain, I only collect basses as a form of very enjoyable pension scheme, all but a hand full will be sold when I retire or need to sell.
Plus they are tax deductible as a capital purchase.

AND I love Rays, It was the first "proper" bass I wanted when i started playing but they were more scarce than rocking horse sh*t at the time so I only managed to get one years later.

They do all sound slightly different though, 3 band eqs sound different from 2 bands, maple necks different from the rosewoods and the graphite.

The 20th anniversary was purely an indulgence :)

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='476397' date='Apr 30 2009, 09:14 PM']Glad you appreciate my handiwork :)

I'm still kicking myself over how little I let that bass go for. You need a Cutlass or two in there next I think![/quote]

CK, is that what you made of that sorry specimen from Germany with the lopped off horns?

[quote name='JPJ' post='476413' date='Apr 30 2009, 09:45 PM']CK, is that what you made of that sorry specimen from Germany with the lopped off horns?[/quote]
The body was part of it, and when I got the 77 body, I decided to make a new bass out of the parts I had left over along with a new status neck. Must have cost me about 650-700 in parts I think.

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='484130' date='May 10 2009, 01:51 AM']is it brown the pre ernie ball ? looks awsome how much you got it?[/quote]

Hi
yeah it is see through brown (Musicman call it Walnut), wasnt my first choice in colour but it plays itself and sounds brilliant, its quite a heavy bas which i prefer. i paid £700 for it I think? about 6-7 years ago?

Cheers
Dave

Edited by cd_david

so cannot say its a Music Man ...because its 50% half , Status Graphite LOL
why not to buy a Status

[quote name='cd_david' post='476298' date='Apr 30 2009, 06:59 PM']Thanks to Nick, Doctor of the Bass, On anothr of his purchase trips round the UK, we met up and I bought this little beauty off him :)

Lovely neck, I fell in love with graphite with the Vigier I got from Nick last year and im a sucker for a Ray so I couldn't resist this one.[/quote]

[quote name='cd_david' post='484194' date='May 10 2009, 12:06 PM']Hi
yeah it is see through brown (Musicman call it Walnut), wasnt my first choice in colour but it plays itself and sounds brilliant, its quite a heavy bas which i prefer. i paid £700 for it I think? about 6-7 years ago?

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

This bass is awsome m8 and the color is brilliant is not a used one and make it exceptional i bealive that the 2 eq rays sound better than the 3 ones awsome bass you got there if you decide to sell it give me a shought.... :)