Why become a member? ×

Jack socket problem

NickThomas

It came to light the other day at the South East bass bash, that the jack socket on my L2500 is faulty... probably due to me using Planet Waves leads that have a slightly oversized plug for good contact.
Anyway , can anyone recommend me a decent replacement jack socket that will last some years?

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NickThomas

+ 1 to all the above. That was the first time I've encountered these fancy "oversized" plugs, and the last seeing what they've done to your baby.

Don't scrap the cable though - just cut the plugs off & solder some sensible jacks on the ends (or cut it into sections & turn it into patch leads).

Pete.

• 3 months later...

I think this seems to be an issue with G&L's from my limited experience. My old L2500 had to have the original replaced after it started to have the dreaded "crackly connection" problem and now my ASAT's going the same way.

+1 with the good quality Switchcraft and having already done the L2500's, it's only a five minute job so it's not such a huge problem.

IMHO, all in all, I guess the problematic socket is minor blemish in an otherwise perfect bass.

T