Why become a member? ×

1960 Precision on Pawn Stars

BassAgent

Somebody sent me this just now:

A couple of things are weird to me:
-This bass is an obvious refin, and not a very good one. Why didn't they say so? Why keep that information from the owner?
-Why, when he knew the bass could be worth 12 grand (which in my view is pretty optimistic for a refin '60 P), did the owner agree to only $2,000 for the bass? 
-They kept the electronics original but also re-wired it? I get they want to make it functional again of course but why contradict themselves?

Other than that: absolutely gorgeous bass.

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 1

Often the sellers in that kind of shows know exactly what they have and what it went for on ebay or other auctions. Why bother to bring it in to a low-ball shop instead of offering it for auction themselves? I don't get that in the first place, but probably it's all a made up situation to make the show kind of interesting.

The bass looks like it could be a nice one.

1 hour ago, ped said:

The people who bring the things in are actors. Otherwise how do they know which ‘experts’ to have in hand on a filming day, and make sure the show isn’t just people handing over DVDs? 

Boom. This is it. My brother used to work on reality TV shows (The Apprentice being the biggest one) and they used to spend hours setting up the spontaneous stuff, waivers, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1