Why become a member? ×

Summer Bass Bash/Extravaganza

skywalker

Just a bumpy to make sure this hasn't been forgotten.

I will check on numbers tomorrow to and work out what to do about food, if anyone has suggestions please shout up. I know two people are looking for stay overs which I think should be okay, I am just awaiting confirmation on that from Nick.

[quote name='skywalker' post='504099' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:01 PM']Just a bumpy to make sure this hasn't been forgotten.

I will check on numbers tomorrow to and work out what to do about food, if anyone has suggestions please shout up.[/quote]

Can we each bring some stuff and have a picnic - weather permitting. Not very rock and roll perhaps but could be FUN.

[quote name='bassace' post='504143' date='Jun 2 2009, 08:02 PM']Can we each bring some stuff and have a picnic - weather permitting. Not very rock and roll perhaps but could be FUN.[/quote]

That is what we did last time, but without the weather, so let's hope the sun shines for us, so bring some goodies folks and we can hopefully enjoy our food in the garden.

We need a few raffle prizes please bass/music related or otherwise. Ped in reading can you let me know if we will have some tee shirts, and also if you are coming bring some raffle tickets. I can't remember how someone did a raffle last time by selling tickets through the forum, can the man who knows how that works step forward please and let us know.

I have a couple of tutor books and a practice amp I can put in to start us off, so any offers gratefully received.

Pictures from the previous bash at Nick's are here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=307&hl=midlands%20bass%20bash&st=100"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...bash&st=100[/url]

Full directions will follow hopefully from Nick in a few days.

Steve

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='504247' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:44 PM']Gaaaaaaaaahhhh...[/quote]

But at least you're nice & safe CK:

[i]New Zealand is now officially your best bet for a risk-free destination, according to the new Global Peace Index (GPI), an annual ranking of the world's nations on the basis of how peaceful they are.

Despite the much-vaunted progress on security, Iraq remained bottom of the list, below Afghanistan, Somalia and Israel, which found itself listed as more dangerous than Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. At the top, the usual Nordic suspects clustered below New Zealand: Denmark, Norway and Iceland came second, third and fourth, followed by Austria and then Sweden.

Britain was 35th: better than last year, and one position higher than Italy, but still below most of Europe and countries as diverse as Botswana, South Korea, Malaysia and Qatar.[/i]

[quote name='Kev' post='504520' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:50 AM']typical. Bass bash in range of me, and iv now sold all my bass gear! gahhhh![/quote]

Doesn't mean you can't bring food and drool over everone else's gear :)

Edited by skywalker

**NEWS UPDATE**

Nick has confirmed that those who wanted overnights (OTPJ and Monz) will be okay, and there may still be room I think for anyone else who wants to stay.

Weather permitting we will be able to set up and jam outside, the nearest neighbours are about half a mile away I think, so no problem with noise, so we can jam well into the evening. With that in mind we still need the services of a drummer / guitarist and/or keyboards, so if anyone has band members who would like a jam let me know. If the weather is unkind there is still a seperate room for jamming and a further room for a chill out room.

Contributions of food (and drink) will be appreciated, and again if the weather is good we can plan on eating outside.

Wives/Significant others will be welcome if they fancy coming, there will (hopefully - if we get the muso's) be some good music to listen to, and the surroundings are superb.

Plans are coming together quite well, there is no reason why we can't make this a bash to remember.

Steve

[quote name='skywalker' post='507544' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:21 PM']**NEWS UPDATE**

Nick has confirmed that those who wanted overnights (OTPJ and Monz) will be okay, and there may still be room I think for anyone else who wants to stay.

Steve[/quote]

Thanks for that... will make it do-able

I have got 12 corn fed chickens going hell for leather so will bring some wonderful eggs as well as some supermarket stuff and beer of course... must remember beer :)

[quote name='ash_sak' post='507620' date='Jun 7 2009, 05:57 PM']Not a very constructive comment however, i was wondering if the topic title is meant to be.

Summer Bass Bass

or

Summer Bass Bash?[/quote]

Guilty :)

I think you're the first one who noticed.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507885' date='Jun 8 2009, 12:11 AM']One day I'd like to come to one of these bashes. Is 28 too young?! I dont mean that offensively :)[/quote]
Good grief no!! All ages welcome at all I've been to. We're generally a nice bunch of chaps, but then we're bass players

[quote name='Musicman20' post='507885' date='Jun 8 2009, 12:11 AM']One day I'd like to come to one of these bashes. Is 28 too young?! I dont mean that offensively :)[/quote]

You're welcome to come over, there may even be a room available if you want to stay over (see higher up the thread, a couple of people are staying). Beautiful location, nice people, and we are praying for some nice weather.

NEWS UPDATE

Nick will post some directions on here in the next day or so.

I guess we are aiming to be getting going for about 1-2pm, but anytime is good, Nick is there all the time and I aim to be there for about 12. The weather forecast is good so far, so it promises to be a great day.

Steve