Why become a member? ×

Custom Barge VFB-2

Higgie

Ok here we have a Custom VFB pedal. Here's the original info from when I bought it a few weeks ago:

[quote]Barge Concepts Custom VFB - This is a custom made VFB, and instead of having the feedback loop, the pedal housing is slightly larger, but houses two blend circuits. The reason for the larger enclosure is because each of the loops works independent of the other. Each loop has dedicated in, out, send, and return jacks (you can route the two loops in any order on a pedalboard, or cascade them one into another) as well as two blend amount pots that are selected A/B style via a footswitch (with red/blue labels and a red/blue LED to indicate the pot used), there is also a variable impedance pot on each of the loops as well.[/quote]

Barge Concepts now make a pedal as standard that performs this, the DVB-2, but this is 2 DVB-2's in one box, with an impedance control for each loop, allowing actives to work with ANY fuzz. I need to fund a new Aguilar cab, so anything surplus to requirements has to go. A standard DVB-2 is $125 + shipping and import duty, so this is a steal at [s]£140[/s] [s]£105 + postage[/s] CHRISTMAS BARGAIN: £105 posted.

Cheers

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='468819' date='Apr 21 2009, 05:34 PM']So that Barge box is two loops in series, each with two switchable blend settings? You can't blend the two loops together?[/quote]

No they are both seperate. You can blend them, but you'd be running whatever is in Loop A into Loop B as well.

It's basically 2 of the same pedals in one. You could place a pedal between loops as they have individual ins and outs. Or you could run different loops/basses to different amps, etc. The possibilities are endless!

No matter what rig your using, this thing can become a part of it. I was planning to use this as the patcher between my boards.

I had it on my band board, which was OC-2>Cream Pie>Barge(Swollen Pickle clone in the first loop)>Tuner all on a pedaltrain mini. This means I had 2 different blend settings for my fuzz, then all I had to do was plug the send and return into the in and out on my second board, and it serves as the perfect link to put everything in before the tuner, amd also means I can blend my second board at different levels to my fuzz, but also means all I have to do is unplug 2 leads and then I could just grab the small board for grab 'n' go gigging!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='steve-soar' post='469024' date='Apr 21 2009, 09:11 PM']Oh, bum conkers, I want that Malekko but it's too dear for me. It's the bright I want, not the dark.
Nad batter. :)[/quote]

Make me an offer :rolleyes:

[quote name='ritch' post='469133' date='Apr 21 2009, 11:00 PM']I saw on the Melekko website that the 600B isn't compatible with the 1Spot type power supplies, but would it work with one of the AC-DC brick types, with multiple outputs?

Cheers

Rich[/quote]

Those bricks are basically a 1 Spot in a box, so no! Battery, or some kind of isolated power supply will be needed. I'd advise buying an isolated supply like the Pedal Power 2 or Burkey Flatliner, but the cheapest option (aside from buying a seperate wall-wart) is the [url="http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/TheGigRig_Virtual_Battery.html"]GigRig Virtual Battery[/url]. It plugs in between your power supply and pedal, and effectively isolates that output.

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='470920' date='Apr 23 2009, 04:45 PM']FYI I've run the Malekko delay on a One Spot and a diago type power supply.

Works fine[/quote]

Thanks for the info Tayste_2000 - I might pick up one of those battery emulator things just to be sure, but good to know otherwise.

I'm literally so excited about having a decent analog delay.

Rich

I honestly wish I could keep it, because it's so versatile and has a wealth of features. The only reason I didn't sell my other delay is because it would be too hard to get hold of one again, I definitely want another in the future. If for some reason you don't get on with it, I'll have it back :)

Price dropped again. £130 shipped. This cost me £160 guys, and it would cost alot more than that to get a new one! So grab yourself a bargain on a fantastic and very versatile blending pedal.

• 2 weeks later...