Why become a member? ×

ithdrawn - *WITHDRAWN*
£450
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

Price drop : £400

The sterling by Musicman Ray 4 range is the entry level into the world of Musicman, some of which are now getting out of the range of the working musician.  In my opinion their build quality is excellent, fretwork is spot on.

As a collector/player/modifier, I change things around on occasion making all my basses gig ready.

This one is an example in point

Pre-amp:   The sub 4 has a spicy pre-amp, too spicy for some and is a common gripe. I have swapped this out for a OBP-2 aguilar pre-amp along with a new 5 way selector and the original was scratchy.

Bridge:  I do not like the big plate faux old musicman bridge.  This has been changed our for the newer style like on the ray34's

Hipshot:  I love 'em, all of my 4 strings get them. 

Scratchplate:  The blue colour is a tricky colour to get a matching plate for that looks credible.  I have wrapped this plain white one using carbon fibre car wrap which look great and is hard wearing and durable.  will also come with a blue anodized aluminium plate I made from a original stingray style one.

So a ray4HH Aguilar pre amp, updated hardware in next to perfect condition.  Whats not to like?  'cept maybe you dont like ray's..lol

Usuals: buyer pays shipping and insurance, happy to meet up for a consideration towards petrol  and coffee.  Visits to Rochester for a tryout is cool too.

4hh.gif

Edited by BaggyMan
price drop
  • Like 3

• BaggyMan changed the title to Withdrawn