Why become a member? ×

STOLEN GEAR

Slug Ice

My friends Alpha Male Tea Party have had their equipment stolen. Will update with serial numbers when I can. Some of it is quite specific gear. If you see it for sale somewhere please contact me.

"Hi all. We’ve returned to Liverpool after tour to find huge amounts of our gear was stolen this morning whilst having breakfast at London Gateway service station. If you could repost this we would really appreciate it, it may help to find some of this gear. We’re in shock right now and are contacting the police. I don’t remain hopeful we’ll find any of this, but here we are. Thank you x

Fender Highway One Telecaster in Daphne Blue

Fender Classic Player Triple Telecaster in Black

Homemade telecaster walnut

Fender Mexican Jazz Standard

Rickenbacker 4001 Black

Fender P-Bass Player Plus

Victory Sheriff 44

Ampeg SVT Pro 4

Blackheart Little Heart with Flight Case

21 Zildjian K-Crash Ride

21 Meinl Byzance Polyphonic Ride

20 Meinl Byzance Medium Crash

19 Sabian HHX Complex Ozone Crash

18 Zildjian A Custom EFX Crash

18 Zildjian K EFX Crash

14 Zildjian K Hi-Hat Pair

Tama Speed Cobra Double Pedal

Cymatic Audio LP16 Track Player

Palmer Re-amper

Pedal Train Junior with Case

App le Mac Book Pro 2010 15” "

Link to post with pictures and videos: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChXLEN_jvoz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Slug Ice
Information
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, lemmywinks said:

Saw this on their Facebook, hope they get it back. I think their original bass player used to post on here every now and then.

Top band as well if anyone wants to give them a listen.

Thanks, and totally agree! Nobody deserves this. 

5 hours ago, naxos10 said:

Dispicable, I hope you get the gear and the offenders get their comuppence.

Our eyes are scouting all the avenues for you.

Absolutely. 

Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Top band indeed, and @D-L-B of this parish was in it once upon a time.
Who knows, maybe their current bass player is on BC too.

I can tell you right now that he's too busy being a Large Man for anything like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's despicable.   Years ago our band had all our gear nicked from the back of a van.  I lost a beautiful, perfectly setup 78 Precision (in an unusual Antigua colour) and a 200w Marshall head and 4 x 12...and we weren't insured!, so I know how they'll all be feeling.

We didn't have all this online media stuff in those days so we had no chance of getting the stuff back but hopefully someone from this forum or their contacts might spot something.  Would be handy if you could give us the serial numbers to look out for.

Hope they get their gear back and the vile scum get caught.

Bad luck. Have they asked Gateway Services for copies of security footage? Should give them a reg. number - the thieves would have needed a vehicle to take it away (or even get into the services - they are only accessible via the M1 as far as I know).

5 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Bad luck. Have they asked Gateway Services for copies of security footage? Should give them a reg. number - the thieves would have needed a vehicle to take it away (or even get into the services - they are only accessible via the M1 as far as I know).

They would only be allowed to give the footage to the cops. Hopefully a vanload of gear passes the threshold of giving a damn to investigate.

10 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

They would only be allowed to give the footage to the cops. Hopefully a vanload of gear passes the threshold of giving a damn to investigate.

According to their Instagram, the dibble have closed their case already. Pathetic. >:( 

This is absolutely sickening and I'm in no way apportioning blame, but I do think sometimes we make it far too easy for thieves.

For the sake of all being able to go and eat their breakfast together, the band have lost all their gear.

I sincerely hope some of it turns up. It does happen.

43 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Privacy laws protect randoms from being snooped on without justification, unless UK is behind the times wrt to digital privacy.

There are circumstances where you can apply to have the CCTV footage. Admittedly this isn’t one of them, but you can apply.

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

There are circumstances where you can apply to have the CCTV footage. Admittedly this isn’t one of them, but you can apply.

Would your application be more favourably considered when plod have washed their hands of the matter?

If I was the layby manager I would spend my lunch break going over the footage and get a screenshot of the crims' plate for the applicant to hassle plod with. 

13 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Are you certain about that? I note you are in NZ, so perhaps it's different there. I used to work at a prominent sports venue in the UK, where it was not unheard of for vehicles to be broken into because scum knew that there was likely to be expensive kit in them. Despite our posting warning notices in the car park, people would still leave stuff in their vehicles. We were always happy to give them a copy of the CCTV footage from our security cameras if their vehicle was broken into.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Handing out cctv footage is now covered by GDPR, not sure how long this has been the case though.

Good point, I’m sure that it wouldn’t be an unreasonable request as part of a criminal investigation though, particularly a deed do heinous as stolen musical kit.

• 2 months later...