Why become a member? ×

Wingbass 5 (with GK system)
£700
York

ped

Hi folks

Bit vet bill. She's insured, but the insurance won't cover it. I expect I'll be successful in my appeal but cashflow problems force the sale of some gear.

I had this WIngbass 5 modified to take the Roland GK system (so you can play synths like the GR55/GR20/VB99/Vbass) as well as the usual pickup.

These are fantastic fun little basses - essentially a bass chopped off at the 12th fret. Super low action, great sound, super portable and with an octave, a genuine Swiss army knife!

I have the official case and even a special strap for the bass. I documented the installation of the GK system here if you want a really deep dive! If you don't need/want to use it, it can be simply ignored and used without.

I originally bought it on a whim and really fell in love with it, finding it super easy to throw in the car and take on holiday but also for playing in front of the TV.

Specs:

-Black limba body
-Flamed maple top
-18mm spacing
-Bartolini pickup
-Satin finish (feels amazing)
-No truss rod - fretboard is glued right to the body, so it's totally flat and super stable. 

-Controls are volume, passive tone, and GK assignable knob, then two buttons, again assignable (momentary/latching) depending on what yer plugging into)

-Elixir super light strings (it takes your normal strings, chopped in half!!)

-‘built in’ tuner 😂

Any questions please ask away. I'm in York so would love to meet somewhere near, or I can post in a medium envelope (lol)

Cheers

ped

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, dutchwife said:

Looks lovely. Would be nice to hear some GK samples...

GLWTS 🤞🏻

Thanks, I did this terrible video a while back but it gives you some sense of what it could sound like in more capable hands

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Owen said:

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

Don't need this.

I mean you might as well

Just now, ezbass said:

Sending positive vibes Sybil’s way.

Thank you - she’s fine now but had to have nice teeth removed. She literally hasn’t noticed. Insurance will only pay out if you’ve been with them a year, which isn’t in any of the actual policy docs but hidden in a pdf on their site. I’ve lodged a complaint and ordered a scud missile on eBay so we’ll wait and see. 

TBH finances are ok and I don’t desperately need to sell anything but it’s given me an excuse to have a bit of a rationalisation. 

Sybil’s tongue sticks out now that her teeth don’t hold it in 😂

B434973D-D7A3-44D3-90E7-67A95F8B3E4E.jpeg

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, ped said:

Thank you - she’s fine now but had to have nice teeth removed. She literally hasn’t noticed. Insurance will only pay out if you’ve been with them a year, which isn’t in any of the actual policy docs but hidden in a pdf on their site. I’ve lodged a complaint and ordered a scud missile on eBay so we’ll wait and see. 

TBH finances are ok and I don’t desperately need to sell anything but it’s given me an excuse to have a bit of a rationalisation. 

Sybil’s tongue sticks out now that her teeth don’t hold it in 😂

B434973D-D7A3-44D3-90E7-67A95F8B3E4E.jpeg

“Give us your money for nothing in return.” Thieving bastards! That’s not right. Grrr! (Doing my best doggie growl).

We will now have to call this the Sybs emoji :on_the_quiet:

• Haha 3

• ped locked this topic