Why become a member? ×

Zoom Q3 compact HD audio and video recorder. As new. *Reduced to £60*. Perfect for "unboxing" videos.......
£80
Stockport

Zoom Q3 compact hand-held HD audio and video recorder for sale. I bought it new, used it no more than 5 times to record my band at rehearsals, and then packed it away. 2.4 inch LCD screen, which is unmarked - no scratches or dust. Comes with all original packaging and manuals, 2 GB onboard SD card for direct recording + extra 8GB flashcard, mini tripod (approx 8 cms tall), foam microphone wind muffler, soft carry pouch. No power lead - I only ever used it on battery power. Batteries installed to show it working in photo, but then removed to preserve them. No marks or damage anywhere - you'd think this was brand new. Can be seen and heard working if you want to come round for a cuppa. Price - now reduced to £60 - includes postage.

2119704981_ZoomQ3photo.thumb.jpg.061db9d3ddeee02f12c3e4c826b8ffca.jpg906257652_ZoomQ3picture.jpg.5d9d78c906899b25dca9cecc72429049.jpg

Edited by solo4652

• solo4652 changed the title to Zoom Q3 compact HD audio and video recorder. As new. *Reduced to £60*. Perfect for "unboxing" videos.......

Hi there. To be honest, I can't really remember! I used it a handful of times to record rehearsals, but never got as far as downloading the MP3 recordings - only played them back via the onboard speaker. According to the manual, you can set the sound quality (48 kbps to 320 kbps), and there is a low-cut filter which "reduces noise and other low frequencies". I decided to try to record something and then upload it to my laptop - first time ever! Please bear in mind that I am a Techno-phobe. I'm still using a steam-powered slide rule here. I'm certain that somebody more au fait with recording technology than I am would be able to do a far better job. Below is my second attempt at a simple recording. The MP3 file I posted earler was so toe-curlingly awful, I just couldn't leave it here. Second attempt (below) is definitely better, with mic gain switched from auto to high, and Low cut filter off. Different bass too - Lakland Hollowbody as opposed to first recording which was G&L Fallout Tribute.

Background track playing through my laptop speakers, so won't be good.

Recording done through the air, with the Zoom perched on a table about 4 feet from laptop.

Zoom mic gain set to High

Low cut filter turned off

Sound quality set to 320 KBps

MP3 track uploaded to laptop via Zoom's onboard USB connector, and Zoom's onboard software.

I'm embarrassed to post this recording publicly. Really sloppy bass playing - I'm massively out of practice.

Edited by solo4652
  • Thanks 1