Why become a member? ×

Bridge For EUB--UK.*Now Sorted*

gypsyjazzer

You've hit the age-old problem of Eminence uprights only having OEM spares, haven't you? Given the small size and the unique, slightly asymmetrical shape of the bridge's profile (as seen from the side), I think your best choice would still be to stump up for Gollihur's offer, which they assure us is absolutely going to be the correct shape and height.

The 'wrong' distance between a replacement bridge's feet may bend the the top of the bass out of shape, depressing the f-holes, if the new bridge doesn't apply pressure in exactly the same places as the old. The bass bar (obviously) and the soundpost (unusually) are not adjustable on the Eminence, at least not on mine. 

I think having a UK luthier hand-make a bridge that's identical to your old one would probably end up costing even more than buying from Gollihur in the first place. But perhaps someone here has done this before, or found a viable source?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

.....  I think having a UK luthier hand-make a bridge that's identical to your old one would probably end up costing even more than buying from Gollihur in the first place. But perhaps someone here has done this before, or found a viable source?

@Silvia Bluejayis on the money (pun intended).  Feeling idle, rather than making my own, I looked into the same problem for a different make EUB that I own.  The time involved will soon mount up for a one off luthier made bridge which makes the Gollihur offer a no brainer.  I have used Gollihur for strings, made in France, sent to the USA, then back here and duty applied.  Still cheaper than here :)

Edited by 3below
  • Like 1

Another plug for Gollihur, I have ordered a lot of things from them and have always had excellent service and they ship world wide.

The bridge they offer is the Eminence one but it comes rough shaped as most DB bridges do, you or a luthier will have to do the final shaping but they supply instructions and if you run into problems they are available for help by phone and email and can give you advice. I have used email and phone to ask questions about products I have bought from them and they are very helpful and really know about the products they sell and basses in general and are willing to help their customers.

Good luck.

BTW, as of April 2022 Gollihur owns Eminence.

Edited by Staggering on
  • Like 1

• gypsyjazzer changed the title to Bridge For EUB--UK.*Now Sorted*