Why become a member? ×

Outdoor sub placement

redbandit599

Heading off to a little outdoor gig in an hour so apologies if I don't respond!

Anyhow, we'll be supplying pa for this gig - recent outdoor gigs I've had the two subs sitting together and central. This has been fine as we've either had a small stage or been on a truck etc. Sound has been good.

This one is at ground level though, so can't tuck the subs underneath and obviously can't have them centrally in front of the band.

Would I better of placing the two together on one side of the band? I'm conscious of the filtering/ power alley thing that I vaguely understand 😉

Cheers all.

13 minutes ago, redbandit599 said:

...Would I better of placing the two together on one side of the band?...

No chance of having 'em at the back, in the middle (behind the drummer..?)..? If not, I'd put one each side, just for spread. There may, technically, be 'dips' in the spread at certain frequencies, but I doubt anyone will be measuring, anyway. Have a great gig... :friends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Within reason, it won't matter where the subs are placed. Low frequencies are not directional in the way that mid and high frequencies are. So you'll be safe to place them wherever is most convenient. It's slightly better, if possible, to place them together (don't worry about spread).