Why become a member? ×

Ammoon 5.8 ghz wireless guitar system

steviedee

I bought a couple of sets of these, just too cheap to resist. If anyone has used them can you use two transmitters and one receiver? So you can switch basses without removing the unit. Also I don't think you can't specify the channel so if you were using two full units do you just turn one receiver/transmitter on, it makes it's connection and then do they same with the next?

Cheers

S

Edited by steviedee

6 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I have some of the 5.8GHz systems but mine have a channel select (1-4). The ones without the channel have a pair button that you have to press on both at the same time to pair.

I have to be honest, I haven't received them yet. Bought them from Aliexpress so who nows what will arrive! But they definitely say 5.8 ghz but are the wooden look ones which appear to be an older model. Channel selection would be ideal tho.

Edited by steviedee

2 minutes ago, steviedee said:

I have to be honest, I haven't received them yet. Bought them from Aliexpress so who nows what will arrive! But they definitely say 5.8 ghz but are the wooden look ones which appear to be an older model. Channel selection would be ideal tho.

Like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401977270299

in which case they say they have a channel button. I thinnk you would have to set up each time you wanted to connect to a different transmitter though

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

Like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401977270299

in which case they say they have a channel button. I thinnk you would have to set up each time you wanted to connect to a different transmitter though

Yes that looks like it! Fair enough re the multiple transmitters, no big deal to take the transmitter out when switching basses and I could use the other set for my upright.

On 10/08/2022 at 14:11, steviedee said:

The £11 ones? I'm hoping that they turn up and are as advertised. 

On 12/08/2022 at 11:15, NHM said:

looking at the specs for this unit, I wouldn't rely on it for a two-setter down the pub, when the quoted battery life is only '2-3 hours'.

See picture 4 - "Over 5 hours battery life when fully charged". I've got a Muslady 2.4GHz wireless, the same sort of thing, and that used to happily do a four hour rehearsal (I think the guitarist's managed two). There's a Youtube video comparing cheap wirelesses which does a sound comparison, including a cable, and there's virtually no difference - just a very slight loss of treble for the cable (as you'd expect for a capacitive load).

PS There's a part 2 to the cheap wireless systems where he recommends a couple of 900MHz systems which can be picked up on AliExpress for about £35. However, AIUI, 900MHz is subject to licensing (I'm sure there used to be a sticky on that) and if what https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/1368 says applies to this use of them, a single licence will cost coming on for quarter of a million quid, so maybe it's not the most economical system after all.

Licensing: 

Edited by tauzero
Found the licensing guide

8 hours ago, tauzero said:

PS There's a part 2 to the cheap wireless systems where he recommends a couple of 900MHz systems which can be picked up on AliExpress for about £35. However, AIUI, 900MHz is subject to licensing (I'm sure there used to be a sticky on that) and if what https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/1368 says applies to this use of them, a single licence will cost coming on for quarter of a million quid, so maybe it's not the most economical system after all.

Licensing: 

The easiest thing to do is just not buy 900MHz range gear! You definitely could't licence it in the UK.

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

Although I suspect it's a bait and switch scam. Headline and photos and description all describe one system, you actually get something completely different. Oh well, if so, Aliexpress have a dispute scheme and so do Paypal.

I've generally had a good experience with Aliexpress but I reckon I've been scammed this time. Got to wait 15 days to raise a dispute!

It was a bait and switch - I got two headphone amps instead of two wireless systems. Will be raising a dispute with Aliexpress as soon as I can, with Paypal as a backup.

This is made easier for the bait and switcher by Aliexpress's system of buying the default item (which was the headphone amp) when you click buy, rather than Ebay's system where you have to make a selection in order to buy. One good reason to avoid Aliexpress, which I shall be doing in future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tauzero said:

It was a bait and switch - I got two headphone amps instead of two wireless systems. Will be raising a dispute with Aliexpress as soon as I can, with Paypal as a backup.

This is made easier for the bait and switcher by Aliexpress's system of buying the default item (which was the headphone amp) when you click buy, rather than Ebay's system where you have to make a selection in order to buy. One good reason to avoid Aliexpress, which I shall be doing in future.

No way that's awful, I've returned stuff to Aliexpress before and it was all straightforward so hopefully will be ok. The shop I bought the wireless units from has disappeared and says if tracking does not update I can open a dispute in 15 days! I reckon they hope you just lose interest but it's just a pain in the derrière!