Why become a member? ×

Youtube uploading issues?

Dankology

Is anyone else experiencing issues uploading HD video to Youtube?

I've always uploaded my HD material in wmv format after reading multiple recomendations to do so. Last week I uploaded one in MP4 (1080p 23.9fps; approx 80mins long) and it was still "processing HD" a couple of days later. I emailed the help desk - no reply but approx a week later it finished processing... but I was still only left with the downgraded 360p version.

I deleted it and uploaded a new WMV version this morning and nearly 12 hours later it is still "processing HD". This would normally be a matter of minute-to-hours. A bit of Googling suggests a few people have had similar issues but the advice ("try a different format", "it might be your upload speed"(!)) doesn't seem very helpful.

Have any of the Youtube users here noticed anything similar?

Yup, I uploaded a video to the band's channel a couple of hours ago, it's just over three minutes long and it took ages, over an hour in total, mostly preparing the HD version. I'm sure it's a problem with YT, nothing to do with our computers, their connection speed or the colour of our underwear. 9_9

PS - in .MOV format, as I normally do.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Thanks 1

Same sort of thing here, I just schedule for release the next day now if I care about the HD version.
My uploads are generally 1-2 hours long, 1080@60fps in mp4 format...if I upload around 10pm the SD processing is fairly fast, the HD is often still processing when I check at around 7am the next morning.

I'm not sure if there's a kind of latent ghost processing going on, the SD gets a % progress count where the HD just says processing and eventually just appears completed at some point.
I also sync to Rumble which kind of backs up my thinking, the 240/480 videos sync across fast and the HD ones take a lot longer.

• Thanks 1