Why become a member? ×

How Hung Are You?

binky_bass

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Blimey.  I have one six string guitar hanging on the wall in the room I record in, my basses stay in their cases.  It's only there because floorspace is limited.

Again, I'll refer to a friend who has this gallery of guitars hanging in his front room.  They never get played, they're just hanging there, unplayed, covered in dust and other grime. 

I have some guitars in cases - not even sure where they are. Something goes in a case it is not being played, it is being stored. If it is on the wll it will get played. Looking at the collection here, none of the 9 instruments on the wall haven't been played in the last month. Although neither has the JR shorty or the Stick, they are both on the floor - not sure how you could easily hang the stick or I would!

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

How are you 'hanging' the Status?

Using these babies:

Woodie's WH-001 Hanger for Guitars with 2 Strap Buttons on the Side https://amzn.eu/d/7xvzuWq

basically L-shape transparent Perspex brackets that use the strap buttons to locate the guitar. You can also hang at angles. If you are hanging a headless status though you need two sets to hang vertically as I found out cos the strap buttons at the bottom are obviously off centre and so the bass wants to pivot. So there’s two at the bottom and one at the top. They seem at least as secure as the headstock hangers. to get the bass down you bend the top one up a couple of mm. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve rarely stayed in one place long enough to get around to hanging basses and guitars up. Only did it once and that was because the floor space was taken up with a Fender Rhodes, a Hammond organ and a vibraphone...

CA293CBD-9E29-49D2-89B9-0ED7B156B6AC.jpeg.2639e41669305ee963338355840a6474.jpeg

Will probably hang things up again in the future, I think our recent house move might prove to be a bit longer term.

17 minutes ago, meterman said:

I’ve rarely stayed in one place long enough to get around to hanging basses and guitars up. Only did it once and that was because the floor space was taken up with a Fender Rhodes, a Hammond organ and a vibraphone...

CA293CBD-9E29-49D2-89B9-0ED7B156B6AC.jpeg.2639e41669305ee963338355840a6474.jpeg

Will probably hang things up again in the future, I think our recent house move might prove to be a bit longer term.

A Roger Chapman fan, I see. 🙂

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Thats just the broken ones???!! 😮

The broken ones are on the rack to the right of the photo 😝

Oh and neck corner is bottom left - they're all ruined! I'm thinking of making a sculpture...

20 hours ago, Dazm66 said:

Finally found something for the status!

B49C83C3-93A9-409E-97B2-0A22109869ED.jpeg

Is that the Woodies hanger, and is there a bracket on each of the three strap pegs? I've got eight headed basses hanging up but no way to hold the headlesseseses. Incidentally, three of the hanging ones are Warwick Thumbs, one of them being a 5, so Hercules hangers pass the strength test.

Dammit, should have read to the end...

Edited by tauzero
Failure to read ahead
  • Haha 1