Why become a member? ×

How Hung Are You?

binky_bass

I've been on a bit of a hanging mission today...

Anyone else a keen user of wall hangers? 

I've used them for years with no ill effects! I think it generally keeps them safer and I've never (yet!) had anything fall off despite all of the ones in the photos being hung of plasterboard walls (using special wall-plugs).

We have a 'Basses on the Settee' thread, but I'd like to see how hung people are!

20220808_162636.thumb.jpg.e3e5875a4c12277d20c742f6d0a1cc12.jpg

20220808_163142.thumb.jpg.b200550fcb67f849558ecddcf33906e9.jpg

20220808_164018.thumb.jpg.d7091247ce308a6d4929c5bf1621b411.jpg

• Like 5

I use the same Hercules ones. I have used them for years.  Only had a problem once when using the supplied plugs (supplied plug > brick wall) when the whole hanger bass and plugs came away and hit the ground. Lucky no real damage done.

I had never used the supplied plugs before and never will again!

They are well designed and well made hangers but the plugs that come with them are pants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tegs07 said:

I use the same Hercules ones. I have used them for years.  Only had a problem once when using the supplied plugs (supplied plug > brick wall) when the whole hanger bass and plugs came away and hit the ground. Lucky no real damage done.

I had never used the supplied plugs before and never will again!

They are well designed and well made hangers but the plugs that come with them are pants.

Agreed, the wall plugs they come with are crap. They 'just about' do for solid walls, but I never chance them. The plugs I use are self tapping steel plasterboard plugs and they work an absolute treat.

These guys:

762523836_Screenshot_20220808-182231_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.021d91ca3ce6281984093c6a31f3a345.jpg

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 2

Blimey.  I have one six string guitar hanging on the wall in the room I record in, my basses stay in their cases.  It's only there because floorspace is limited.

Again, I'll refer to a friend who has this gallery of guitars hanging in his front room.  They never get played, they're just hanging there, unplayed, covered in dust and other grime.  There's an Ace Freshly Budokan Les Paul (£8-10k), an EVH Masterbuilt Frankenstein (£15-20k), a Wolfgang (£3k).  It makes me want to cry.