Why become a member? ×

Electric Ladyland in Bristol gone?

GeeCee

Last time I went past a couple of weeks ago, it looked…just the way it has for years, but that’s not really any indication!

TBH I wouldn’t be at all surprised. I actually had to work really hard to get the guy to sell me something a few years back!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jakester said:

Last time I went past a couple of weeks ago, it looked…just the way it has for years, but that’s not really any indication!

TBH I wouldn’t be at all surprised. I actually had to work really hard to get the guy to sell me something a few years back!

Thanks, and I know what you mean, going to be in the UK next week and trying to decide if I want to potentially waste a day travelling down to Bristol try my luck at the store actually being open that day and then persuading Steve to sell me something.  Don't suppose he has got a (new) phone number yet, 😀?

Edited by GeeCee

16 hours ago, GeeCee said:

Thanks, and I know what you mean, going to be in the UK next week and trying to decide if I want to potentially waste a day travelling down to Bristol try my luck at the store actually being open that day and then persuading Steve to sell me something.  Don't suppose he has got a (new) phone number yet, 😀?

No idea, sorry. On the occasion I mentioned, even when we’d agreed a day and time for me to meet him, there was no sign and I had to go away and come back again a few hours later, all brokered by a woman hanging out from an upper floor window. When I came back, he was on the street having a blazing screaming row with her,  but at least he was there!

17 hours ago, GeeCee said:

I wouldn’t waste your time. He’s becoming ever more cantankerous and difficult. It’s less a shop, more a museum so That chances of him being there and selling you something are very slim. 

Oh he's worse! 😂 I think Jake @Jakesterwas the last person he actually sold anything to and that's must've been five years ago now. 

He seemed to have a well-trodden path to the local Cash Converters where he pawned some really decent kit when money got tight. I don't think he actually ever wanted to sell anything in the shop when I used to visit and he had some amazing stock tucked away. 

One of life's characters for sure. 

• Like 1

Oh blimey I used to love walking past that shop. Back in the early 90’s I gave him a jap Squier jazz to sell, which he was happy to take in and display. It soon became evident that was all he was prepared to do….display it. I needed the rent money so I met his lazy cantankerous-ness with a very strongly worded letter. That showed ‘im!! Had to write a note as he was never open.
I do remember he had twin blue flower P’s (fretted/fretless) hanging in the window. Always wanted the same since. 

12 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Oh blimey I used to love walking past that shop. Back in the early 90’s I gave him a jap Squier jazz to sell, which he was happy to take in and display. It soon became evident that was all he was prepared to do….display it. I needed the rent money so I met his lazy cantankerous-ness with a very strongly worded letter. That showed ‘im!! Had to write a note as he was never open.
I do remember he had twin blue flower P’s (fretted/fretless) hanging in the window. Always wanted the same since. 

Is that where you got the Probe from?

• Haha 1