Why become a member? ×

TRADED Rickenbacker 4004Cii Cheyenne II in Jetglo 4-string bass - VGC
£2250
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

Not really sure I want to do this but here goes...

Rickenbacker 4004Cii Cheyenne Bass Guitar

Introduced in 1994 the Cheyenne is one of Rickenbacker’s newest models; the Cii was introduced 5 years later 1999.  This is a 2012 bass in Jetglo with Gold hardware.

It is in excellent condition for a 10-year-old bass, with one tiny ding that I have repeatedly tried to photograph to no avail.  The frets are virtually unmarked and electrics are fully functional.  The bass comes with the original Rickenbacker hardcase and case candy.  The weight is 9.03 lbs.

Rickenbacker now use only American farm-grown sustainable woods.  This exquisite bass is sculpted from solid Maple and Walnut, complemented by an Eastern Maple neck running the full length of the bass with a rich gloss clear coat. Two humbucking pickups are carefully placed for maximum tonal capability.

Probably looking at meeting up half way or collection if you're nearby as I'm reluctant to post this one, plus I don't have a box at the moment.

Happy to consider trades with cash my way.  Probably only 4-string basses though and I might be a bit picky, but I will always be polite if a bass offered is not for me.

Price is £2,250.  I will consider near offers but again don't be disappointed if I decline.

Full Specification

Body Type: Solid

No. Frets:  20

Scale Length:  84.5 cm (33 1/4'')

Neck Width at Nut:  42.9 mm (1 11/16'')

Neck Width at 12th Fret:  54.0 mm (2 1/8'')

Crown Radius:  25.4 cm (10'')

Body Wood:  Hardrock Maple, Walnut core

Neck Wood:  Maple

Fingerboard Wood:  Bubinga, unfinished

Bridge:  Schaller 3D4

Neck Type: Through body

No. of Pickups: 2 x HB-1 Humbucking

Output Type:  Mono

Machine Heads:  Schaller M4 180 Light

Here are some pics.  Let me know if there is any other detail you'd like to see.  Thanks for looking.

Edited by ead
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I always felt the 4004 doesn’t get the credit it deserves in the shadows of the 4001 and 4003.

Great basses these and my favourite model.

I agree, whilst they don't do the stereo thing and have less knobs they are very usable with a nice(r) bridge and great playabilty.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

• ead changed the title to F/S Rickenbacker 4004Cii Cheyenne II in Jetglo 4-string bass - VGC - £2,250 OVNO
  • 1 month later...
  • ead changed the title to TRADED Rickenbacker 4004Cii Cheyenne II in Jetglo 4-string bass - VGC