Lincoln

playbass

I'm selling a few bits to make space, see my other ads:

- EBS Session 60 Combo

- Yamaha DTXTreme Electronic Drum Kit

- Fender G-Dec Combo amp

- Yamaha Pacifica 312

Magellan 350

Here we have a lightweight and versatile amp in pristine condition and with original box.  I've owned this from new and, as you can see, taken great care of it.  I chose this amp because of it's size, weight and versatility.  I like the fact that with the push of a switch I can go from a scooped sound to a mellow/vintage tone with the contour switch, really handy.  It has two speaker outs too, which isn't always the case with other small amps.  I perviously had an EBS 350, so I like the fact the Magellan has the sweepable mid frequency as well, very useful for helping with room acoustics.

Collection from just north of Lincoln.  

Get in touch for a courier quote.

Genzler Info.

New amplifier from Geoff Genzler (ex Genz Benz) with big, open sound, two way adjustable pre-shape, three band active eq with sweepable mid, aux input for your music and headphone output for rehearsing. One of the most useful features is the 2.7Ω switch on the back enabling the amp to run 3 x 8Ω cabinets for larger stages and higher volume for added versatility.

Introducing the latest MAGELLAN® series bass amplifier, the MAGELLAN® 350.  The MG-350 represents the pinnacle in the next generation in compact, lightweight, high-output, versatile, bass amplification.

The MAGELLAN® 350 is the little brother of the larger MAGELLAN® 800 but only in relation to its smaller compact size.  The feature set and 350 watt output power level of this tiny amplifier make it a “big boy” in its amplifier class.   As well, the MG-350 delivers exactly what players have come to expect from the GENZLER® design team -- performance, versatility and reliability. 

From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures, the MG-350 provides the tonal pallet needed to cover all of the bassist’s amplifier requirements and is ideal for electric or upright bassists.

Design features Include:

•Clean Channel –

◦Pristine and Articulate

•Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry

◦Curve A -- Classic to Modern -- Mid Scoop Curve 

◦Curve B -- Thicker to Vintage -- Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End

•Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control

•Signal Mute Switch

•Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling

•Full Featured XLR Direct Output Interface

•2.67 Ohm Min. Total Load

•Output:  175W/8 Ohms,  350W/4 Ohms and 350W/2.67 Ohms 

•Dimensions: 9”W X 9.83”D X 2.63”H

•Weight:  3.5 Lbs.

IMG_7885.jpeg

IMG_7886.jpeg

IMG_7888.jpeg

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_7883.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7887.jpeg

Edited by playbass
  • Like 2

• playbass changed the title to Genzler Magellan 350 Amp - £295

If anyone wants to test this head you’ll have to bring a cab as I sold mine last night. The person who bought them (via Facebook) is also a basschatter who goes for the P bass vintage tone. He was really impressed with what he called the “Tubey warmth” of the Genzler head when it’s on the B contour setting. He really liked it. I always use it on the A (scoop) setting for a modern sound. 

I’m not selling this to buy another amp, I just don’t need one anymore. ie if I needed an amp I’d be keeping this, it’s great.

• Like 1

• playbass changed the title to Genzler Magellan 350 Amp - SOLD