Why become a member? ×

Old amps have their uses

Skinny

1 hour ago, thodrik said:

When I was really hard up, my Trace Elliot 1x15 functioned as both my gigging cabinet and as my principal living room coffee table. 

Pah, that's nothing!

I lived in an Ampeg 8 x 10 cab for two years before I could afford an 18" bass bin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Bigguy2017 said:

Pah, that's nothing!

I lived in an Ampeg 8 x 10 cab for two years before I could afford an 18" bass bin.

Ampeg, oh get you Mr La di da. Back in my day it would have been 2 families living  in a carlsboro combo and thought yourself bloody lucky! (Said in a Yorkshire accent) 😂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, dclaassen said:

Luxury! We had our whole family, aunts, uncles, distant relatives living in a wah-wah pedal…

Luxury!

Of course, we had it tough.. 

.. All 300 of us lived inside a melted microchip, on the middle of a broken Class D circuit board, had to get up 24 semi-tones before we went to bed, push valve heft down a 500 mile motorway whilst being forced fed Tony Blackburn records through acid-coated IEMs... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The youth of today, they don't know how easy they have it with their iem, foh, rcd's, transport, new strings, gig bags, lightweight gear, PA's, stages, lighting, miked up drums, doormen, cheap beer, lack of skinheads, somewhere to practice and people actually love coming to watch live music these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Skinny said:

The youth of today, they don't know how easy they have it with their iem, foh, rcd's, transport, new strings, gig bags, lightweight gear, PA's, stages, lighting, miked up drums, doormen, cheap beer, lack of skinheads, somewhere to practice and people actually love coming to watch live music these days. 

But, alas, almost no pubs left to gig in. 😢 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Luxury!

Of course, we had it tough.. 

.. All 300 of us lived inside a melted microchip, on the middle of a broken Class D circuit board, had to get up 24 semi-tones before we went to bed, push valve heft down a 500 mile motorway whilst being forced fed Tony Blackburn records through acid-coated IEMs... 

Wow, that's coming from a very dark place. You OK Hun?!

• Haha 1