Why become a member? ×

Mike McCready Meltdown!?!

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

Wow, just wow, I never liked him much from an interview I saw way back when, but I like him even less now!

Yeah, he has bit of a history of gypsy's kissing people off. I seem to remember reading something about his bass player leaving as a result. Maybe he came back after, I don’t know. I’m sure I read it somewhere.

44 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Wow, just wow, I never liked him much from an interview I saw way back when, but I like him even less now!

Well, he had just lost $2,500,000 of his own money  funding the tour of Russia 🤔

Edited by Bunion

1 minute ago, Bunion said:

Well, he had just lost $2,500,000 of his own money  funding the tour of Russia 🤔

No one who has $2,500,000 to lose will ever get much sympathy from me mate, and I doubt anyone forced the tour on him.

Hissy fits? Mate of mine had a meltdown on stage following a long-running issue with the singer. He put his guitar down, told the singer and audience he was leaving the band, apologised, walked off stage to the bar, bought a pint and watched the rest of the gig. Much classier. He also saud afterwards that if he was being honest the band sounded better without him anyway 👍

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

No one who has $2,500,000 to lose will ever get much sympathy from me mate, and I doubt anyone forced the tour on him.

Hissy fits? Mate of mine had a meltdown on stage following a long-running issue with the singer. He put his guitar down, told the singer and audience he was leaving the band, apologised, walked off stage to the bar, bought a pint and watched the rest of the gig. Much classier. He also saud afterwards that if he was being honest the band sounded better without him anyway 👍

It was right after the opening of Russia and a bunch of musicians were asked to go over, him being one of them.

He sunk the 2.5 in to get there as they were all payed in rubles which were pretty worthless back then.

The gigs were attended by officials who were given free tickets so the crowd was pretty stinky poo until they left giving the tickets to younger people outside. 
The film crew were trying to get footage of the crowd and every time they put the spotlights on them they froze being used to spotlights meaning they were under surveillance. 
Apparently he kept telling the film crews to stop (you can hear him between song lyrics) as the crowd were getting into it when in the dark, but they ignored him. 
I never liked his music or his attitude generally and I agree he looks a Richard but it’s an interesting article to read 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bunion said:

It was right after the opening of Russia and a bunch of musicians were asked to go over, him being one of them.

He sunk the 2.5 in to get there as they were all payed in rubles which were pretty worthless back then.

The gigs were attended by officials who were given free tickets so the crowd was pretty stinky poo until they left giving the tickets to younger people outside. 
The film crew were trying to get footage of the crowd and every time they put the spotlights on them they froze being used to spotlights meaning they were under surveillance. 
Apparently he kept telling the film crews to stop (you can hear him between song lyrics) as the crowd were getting into it when in the dark, but they ignored him. 
I never liked his music or his attitude generally and I agree he looks a Richard but it’s an interesting article to read 

Sounds pretty crap for sure and thanks for sharing, but doesn’t change my sentiments towards him much 🤔

16 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I've watched that clip loads and posted it on here a fair few times but never knew the full story. Thank you!