Why become a member? ×

Linear pots

fleabag

I'm struggling to find some 250k  Lin pots with a decent thread length on the bush, and also solid shaft.

15mm - ish threaded  bush length is what i need.  I checked for the quality names  , CTS, Bourns..  but nothing pops up.

Either they're split shaft,  or short threaded bush, or both.

Tried all the usual suspects -  Axes R Us,  CPC Farnell, RS Online,  Mouser Elecs  , guitar shops blah blah.   Even Thomann ..

Can anyone point me to a source ?  Ta

If you're after 1/4" solid shaft pots (ie. typical US size) then another option might be to get some of these little brass sleeves which convert 6mm split shaft to 1/4" solid:

https://www.wdmusic.com/wd-music-products-brass-potentiometer-shaft-conversion-sleeve-details.html

That opens up your options to include metric long shaft pots which may be easier to find (although I'm not sure if they are!).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Passinwind said:

15mm bush length is a huge ask outside of the usual Les Paul type, even 12mm takes a custom order in most cases. If you can make 10mm work Noll sells one, 6mm shaft diameter though: https://www.noll-electronic.de/potentiometer/

I've used a lot of other similar Alpha variants from Noll with no drama, FWIW.

I could get away 10mm of bush thread, but i forgot to mention, i'm after full size pots.

Strangely, i have a pair of Solid shaft 10mm thread, 6.35 shaft, CTS 250k Lin pots here, and i need another pair, but JHC, i cant find them anywhere.

I'd really like matching brand, but no luck, hence looking for non matching pair

Edited by fleabag